Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad & Transportation Museum

  • John E. Christensen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2001
      The bidding process has begun for the construction of both the
      depot/museum and shop building for the Nevada County Narrow Gauge
      Railroad & Transportation Museum. So far there have been five
      contractors that have expressed interest, two of them being local and
      the others from the Sacramento area.
      Originally the deadline for all bids was scheduled for January 16th
      but has been extended into the first week of February at this time. We
      hope to see the contract awarded by March 1st and the ground breaking by
      May 15th. If all goes well then we should see the final on
      construction sometime between labor day and Oct. 31st.
      The next meeting of the NCNGRR&TM will be held on January 22nd at
      7:30 PM at the Northern Queen Inn in the caboose coach on the trestle
      next to the restaurant. We will be laying out our plans for 2001 which
      is to include equipment maintenance and restoration, track construction
      at the museum site, publicity for the new museum and volunteer drives.
      The last two subjects will be addressed by Tim O'Brien who is a long
      time member of our group and has been responsible for the organization
      and publicity ot the Nevada County air show over the past several years.
      If you are interested in attending please e-mail me at ncngrr@... or
      call 265-3668.

      John Christensen

      Chairman NCNGRR&TM