Re: Lake Olympia

  • Harry
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2006
      I've been told that not everyone received this email, so here it is again.

      hm

      s2tanker88 wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I was wonderning how big Lake Olympia was? and where would it lie
      > presently - with the current businesses and such in the Glenbrook
      > basin? Also, does anyone know whereabouts where the Golden Center

      Mine
      > is? Is it under what is now the Golden Center Freeway is now?

      Hi Marie,

      If I'm not mistaken, Lake Olympia was east of today's Sutton Way at
      Plaza Drive,
      see the map at http://tinyurl.com/ltogg or
      http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=39.231173~-121.033115&style=h&lvl=16&s\
      cene=3374207&sp=aN.39.231322_-121.033330_Lake%20Olympia__ (you can toggle
      between photo and road maps on there).

      When I tromped through the area about five years ago, there were a lot of
      concrete foundations and other "landmarks" among the weeds. It's east
      of the
      theater buillding, across the road.

      Harry

      P.S. Members may want to check the archives at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NCNGRR/messages occasionally to see if
      something of interest didn't come through. Yahoo has been known to
      lose things. But then, so have I. ;-)