Re: Lake Olympia

  • Harry A Marnell
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2006
      s2tanker88 wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I was wonderning how big Lake Olympia was? and where would it lie
      > presently - with the current businesses and such in the Glenbrook
      > basin? Also, does anyone know whereabouts where the Golden Center Mine
      > is? Is it under what is now the Golden Center Freeway is now?

      Hi Marie,

      If I'm not mistaken, Lake Olympia was east of today's Sutton Way at Plaza Drive, see the map at http://tinyurl.com/ltogg or http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=39.231173~-121.033115&style=h&lvl=16&scene=3374207&sp=aN.39.231322_-121.033330_Lake%20Olympia__ (you can toggle between photo and road maps on there).

      When I tromped through the area about five years ago, there were a lot of concrete foundations and other "landmarks" among the weeds. It's east of the theater buillding, across the road.

      Harry

    • Harry
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2006
        Come to think of it, when I worked as a dispatcher at Grass Valley PD
        in the early 80s, there was a Sergeamt there named Vince Seck, who told
        me of his family having run (or even owned?) the place at Lake Olympia
        some years ago. Seck is no doubt long since retired, but he may still
        be around town.

        Harry