Lake Olympia

  • s2tanker88
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2006
      Hi all,

      I was wonderning how big Lake Olympia was? and where would it lie
      presently - with the current businesses and such in the Glenbrook
      basin? Also, does anyone know whereabouts where the Golden Center Mine
      is? Is it under what is now the Golden Center Freeway is now?

      Thanks,
      Marie
    • Harry
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2006
        I've been told that not everyone received this email, so here it is again.

        hm

        s2tanker88 wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I was wonderning how big Lake Olympia was? and where would it lie
        > presently - with the current businesses and such in the Glenbrook
        > basin? Also, does anyone know whereabouts where the Golden Center

        Mine
        > is? Is it under what is now the Golden Center Freeway is now?

        Hi Marie,

        If I'm not mistaken, Lake Olympia was east of today's Sutton Way at
        Plaza Drive,
        see the map at http://tinyurl.com/ltogg or
        http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=39.231173~-121.033115&style=h&lvl=16&s\
        cene=3374207&sp=aN.39.231322_-121.033330_Lake%20Olympia__ (you can toggle
        between photo and road maps on there).

        When I tromped through the area about five years ago, there were a lot of
        concrete foundations and other "landmarks" among the weeds. It's east
        of the
        theater buillding, across the road.

        Harry

        P.S. Members may want to check the archives at
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NCNGRR/messages occasionally to see if
        something of interest didn't come through. Yahoo has been known to
        lose things. But then, so have I. ;-)