new photos

  • ncrrsuper
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2006
      Hi, all.

      I'm new to the group, but not to the NCNGRR. I've been modeling the
      NCNGRR (in standard gauge) for several years. I just posted photos of
      the model of the Bear River Bridge I recently finished. I found the
      elevation plan helpful in completing the last (short) tower, as I
      haven't found any photos that clearly show either end of the bridge. I
      have a couple of photos from the California State Railroad Museum
      collection that, as far as I know, have never been published, if
      anybody is interested.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 18, 2006
        Hey Super!

        What scale? Those turnbuckles are "super"! I don't think I could've
        done that in "N" <G>

        Also, I would be interested an any other photos of prototpes or your
        layout that you may care to share.

        Doug Stuard
        NVNTRAK
        Reston, VA

        --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "ncrrsuper" <ncrrsuper@...> wrote:

        > Hi, all.
        >
        > I'm new to the group, but not to the NCNGRR. I've been modeling
        the
        > NCNGRR (in standard gauge) for several years. I just posted photos
        of
        > the model of the Bear River Bridge I recently finished. I found
        the
        > elevation plan helpful in completing the last (short) tower, as I
        > haven't found any photos that clearly show either end of the
        bridge. I
        > have a couple of photos from the California State Railroad Museum
        > collection that, as far as I know, have never been published, if
        > anybody is interested.

      • Dick Roberts
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 19, 2006
          --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Stuard" <dstuard@...> wrote:
          >The bridge is HO scale, but like yours it has standard gauge track.
          The turnbuckles were one of the larger challanges in this project,
          but, as you can well imagine having built your own, it was one of
          many! I used Micro Engineering towers and Central Valley girders for
          the spans across the cantiveler arms. I'll post some more photos of
          the layout and any prototype stuff I have later. If you have a copy
          of Model Railroad Planning 2001, there's an article I wrote about
          train elevators which includes a track plan of mu current layout.

          Dick Roberts