Re: Chicago Park Station question

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
      Photos of the model on pages 1 and 2 of the NCNG Project website show
      what appears to be a stovepipe through the roof on the rear wall of
      the station. The one actual photo on Page 4 of the site is unclear.

      http://community-2.webtv.net/NCNG/NEVADACOUNTYNARROW/index.html

      Foothill Model Works O scale model of the depot seems to have a brick
      chimney in the same location.

      http://home.inreach.com/jkitts/Struct1.html#FMW1523

      Doug Stuard
      Reston, VA

      --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, EANDPNG@... wrote:

      > The 1912 Cal RR Commission Valuation shows that the station was
      heated by
      > "stove." I looked through what photos I have and a stove pipe or
      chimney cannot
      > be seen. I do have one photo taken early (when the depot wore a dark
      color)
      > that shows what might be a brick chimney at the front corner, non
      track side.
      > Regards,
      > Greg Maxwell

    • nvngrr
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
        Thank you. The roof looks quite bare without a chimney of some sort.
        I will add the stovepipe when I determine the proper location.