Re: Chicago Park Station question

  • EANDPNG@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2006
      The 1912 Cal RR Commission Valuation shows that the station was heated by
      "stove." I looked through what photos I have and a stove pipe or chimney cannot
      be seen. I do have one photo taken early (when the depot wore a dark color)
      that shows what might be a brick chimney at the front corner, non track side.
      Regards,
      Greg Maxwell

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
        Photos of the model on pages 1 and 2 of the NCNG Project website show
        what appears to be a stovepipe through the roof on the rear wall of
        the station. The one actual photo on Page 4 of the site is unclear.

        http://community-2.webtv.net/NCNG/NEVADACOUNTYNARROW/index.html

        Foothill Model Works O scale model of the depot seems to have a brick
        chimney in the same location.

        http://home.inreach.com/jkitts/Struct1.html#FMW1523

        Doug Stuard
        Reston, VA

        --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, EANDPNG@... wrote:

        > The 1912 Cal RR Commission Valuation shows that the station was
        heated by
        > "stove." I looked through what photos I have and a stove pipe or
        chimney cannot
        > be seen. I do have one photo taken early (when the depot wore a dark
        color)
        > that shows what might be a brick chimney at the front corner, non
        track side.
        > Regards,
        > Greg Maxwell

      • nvngrr
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
          Thank you. The roof looks quite bare without a chimney of some sort.
          I will add the stovepipe when I determine the proper location.