Re: NCNG Sidings and loading points

  • Aaron Splawn
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
      I brought this up because I understand how easy it is to take advantage of modern technology to share these items. I can't lie and say I haven't been guilty of it myself, but I think we just need to keep in mind that this is one of the ways Herman (and others) make a simple living for others to enjoy...

      Aaron

      Joe & Jo Ellen Raymaker <remnant@...> wrote:
      I'll call your bluff, Aaron; if you hate to be the one to bring it up, then
      why did you?<g> JR

      From: Aaron Splawn <aaronsplawn@...>
      Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:29:53 -0800 (PST)
      To: NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: <NevadaCoNG> NCNG Sidings and loading points

      I hate to be the one to bring this up, but since Herman makes a living
      selling his plans etc., it's probably appropriate to contact him for a copy
      of his map. Just a thought...

      Randy Brown <asmtrains@...> wrote:
      Hi Group,
      I am wanting to design a plan for my future NCNG layout.

      I have both "NCNG" and "Tale of Two Cities......" books and am not
      clear of what sidings there were (other than the one at the fair
      grounds).

      Is there a map or listing of all the sidings including their location,
      length, direction of departure and which side of the track they are?

      Any help will be appreciated.

      Thanks a lot,
      Randy Brown
      Arrowhead Scale Models
      P.O. Box 53
      Randsburg, CA. 93554
      Check out my E-Bay Store at:
      http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

      Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet? Check

      Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet? Check
      them out!

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      web.

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet? Check them out!

    • B. Douglas Jensen
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
        I will stop emailing this document out folks. Herman handed these maps out
        to a group of us who took his free tour he gave about 6 years ago so I
        should not have assumed that this would be OK. If someone will contact him
        re: this and he gives the OK then I will glad to cooperate in anyway I can.

        Doug Jensen
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 17 , May 5 10:33 PM
          Hi Group,

          My name is Steve Coffey and I just joined the group. I'm a big
          fan of the NCNGRR and have been envolved with for many years with
          the NCNGProject at the Fairgrounds and also the TMD museum many
          years ago. The link you have on this site (Community-webtv/ncng) is
          my personal web page that I set up for the NCNGProject. They now
          have their own web page at www.ncngproject.org, check it out! I
          read most of the postings to catch up and wanted to mention I have
          access to old state maps of the NCNG that note all the sidings with
          frog numbers and distances, where they were on the mainline, etc. I
          haven't looked at them in a long time but I'm pretty sure they
          mention the use of the sidings (ice house, lumber mill, etc), but if
          the info is out there, maybe we can compare notes and work out the
          info without copying Herman's map. He put a lot of work into them
          and hopefully will be willing to sell them to us. If I remember,
          it's from the early 1900s and may not be accurate if sidings were
          added in the 20s or 30s. They are too big to copy but I might be
          able to look up some info if it would help.

          I'm glad to find another large group of NCNG fans, Later, Steve

          --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Brown" <asmtrains@...> wrote:

          > Hi Group,
          > I am wanting to design a plan for my future NCNG layout.
          >
          > I have both "NCNG" and "Tale of Two Cities......" books and am not
          > clear of what sidings there were (other than the one at the fair
          > grounds).
          >
          > Is there a map or listing of all the sidings including their
          location,
          > length, direction of departure and which side of the track they
          are?

          > Any help will be appreciated.
          >
          > Thanks a lot,
          > Randy Brown
          > Arrowhead Scale Models
          > P.O. Box 53
          > Randsburg, CA. 93554
          > Check out my E-Bay Store at:
          > http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

        • Kevin Miller
          Message 4 of 17 , May 7 10:15 AM
            Steve,

            Thank you for the new link to the club layout. I hope they decide to
            include a track plan some day.

            Concerning Herman Darr's siding drawings. I know he sells them
            because I bought a copy from him at least a year ago.

            Kevin Miller
            Winlock, WA