Re: NCNG Sidings and loading points

    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
      If Herman would be willing to put a price on the map (on list or off-
      list), I would be happy to send him a check.

      If he would prefer to keep the material out of the public domain, I
      will delete it from my inbox.

      Doug Stuard
      Reston VA
      Modeling the Bear River Bridge in N-scale.

      --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, <dmacleod@s...> wrote:

      > Herman Darr's address is:
      > P.O. Box 2186, Nevada City, CA 95959
      >
      > Doug MacLeod, Roseville, CA

      Service.

      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NCNGRR> " on the

      Service

      > >>Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section
      yet? Check
      > >>them out!
      > >>Yahoo! Groups Links

      > > Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section
      yet? Check
      > > them out!
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Aaron Splawn
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
        I brought this up because I understand how easy it is to take advantage of modern technology to share these items. I can't lie and say I haven't been guilty of it myself, but I think we just need to keep in mind that this is one of the ways Herman (and others) make a simple living for others to enjoy...

        Aaron

        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
          I will stop emailing this document out folks. Herman handed these maps out
          to a group of us who took his free tour he gave about 6 years ago so I
          should not have assumed that this would be OK. If someone will contact him
          re: this and he gives the OK then I will glad to cooperate in anyway I can.

          Doug Jensen
        • Steve
          Message 4 of 17 , May 5, 2006
            Hi Group,

            My name is Steve Coffey and I just joined the group. I'm a big
            fan of the NCNGRR and have been envolved with for many years with
            the NCNGProject at the Fairgrounds and also the TMD museum many
            years ago. The link you have on this site (Community-webtv/ncng) is
            my personal web page that I set up for the NCNGProject. They now
            have their own web page at www.ncngproject.org, check it out! I
            read most of the postings to catch up and wanted to mention I have
            access to old state maps of the NCNG that note all the sidings with
            frog numbers and distances, where they were on the mainline, etc. I
            haven't looked at them in a long time but I'm pretty sure they
            mention the use of the sidings (ice house, lumber mill, etc), but if
            the info is out there, maybe we can compare notes and work out the
            info without copying Herman's map. He put a lot of work into them
            and hopefully will be willing to sell them to us. If I remember,
            it's from the early 1900s and may not be accurate if sidings were
            added in the 20s or 30s. They are too big to copy but I might be
            able to look up some info if it would help.

            I'm glad to find another large group of NCNG fans, Later, Steve

            --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Brown" <asmtrains@...> wrote:

            > Hi Group,
            > I am wanting to design a plan for my future NCNG layout.
            >
            > I have both "NCNG" and "Tale of Two Cities......" books and am not
            > clear of what sidings there were (other than the one at the fair
            > grounds).
            >
            > Is there a map or listing of all the sidings including their
            location,
            > length, direction of departure and which side of the track they
            are?

            > Any help will be appreciated.
            >
            > Thanks a lot,
            > Randy Brown
            > Arrowhead Scale Models
            > P.O. Box 53
            > Randsburg, CA. 93554
            > Check out my E-Bay Store at:
            > http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

          • Kevin Miller
            Message 5 of 17 , May 7, 2006
              Steve,

              Thank you for the new link to the club layout. I hope they decide to
              include a track plan some day.

              Concerning Herman Darr's siding drawings. I know he sells them
              because I bought a copy from him at least a year ago.

              Kevin Miller
              Winlock, WA