Re: NCNG Sidings and loading points

  • dmacleod@surewest.net
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
      After talking to Herman about copying his drawing Aaron, you may be the only
      one that will be able to anything from Herman. To put it mildly, Herman is
      very upset with the copying of his material.
      Doug MacLeod, Roseville, CA
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
        Group,

        Does any one have a contact to post with Herman so we can do bussiness
        above board?

        Ken Lass

        ============================

      • dmacleod@surewest.net
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
          Herman Darr's address is:
          P.O. Box 2186, Nevada City, CA 95959

          Doug MacLeod, Roseville, CA

          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
            If Herman would be willing to put a price on the map (on list or off-
            list), I would be happy to send him a check.

            If he would prefer to keep the material out of the public domain, I
            will delete it from my inbox.

            Doug Stuard
            Reston VA
            Modeling the Bear River Bridge in N-scale.

            <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NCNGRR> " on the

            Service

            > >>Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section
            yet? Check
            > >>them out!
            > >>Yahoo! Groups Links

            > > Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section
            yet? Check
            > > them out!
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Aaron Splawn
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
              I brought this up because I understand how easy it is to take advantage of modern technology to share these items. I can't lie and say I haven't been guilty of it myself, but I think we just need to keep in mind that this is one of the ways Herman (and others) make a simple living for others to enjoy...

              Aaron

              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                I will stop emailing this document out folks. Herman handed these maps out
                to a group of us who took his free tour he gave about 6 years ago so I
                should not have assumed that this would be OK. If someone will contact him
                re: this and he gives the OK then I will glad to cooperate in anyway I can.

                Doug Jensen
              • Steve
                Message 7 of 17 , May 5, 2006
                  Hi Group,

                  My name is Steve Coffey and I just joined the group. I'm a big
                  fan of the NCNGRR and have been envolved with for many years with
                  the NCNGProject at the Fairgrounds and also the TMD museum many
                  years ago. The link you have on this site (Community-webtv/ncng) is
                  my personal web page that I set up for the NCNGProject. They now
                  have their own web page at www.ncngproject.org, check it out! I
                  read most of the postings to catch up and wanted to mention I have
                  access to old state maps of the NCNG that note all the sidings with
                  frog numbers and distances, where they were on the mainline, etc. I
                  haven't looked at them in a long time but I'm pretty sure they
                  mention the use of the sidings (ice house, lumber mill, etc), but if
                  the info is out there, maybe we can compare notes and work out the
                  info without copying Herman's map. He put a lot of work into them
                  and hopefully will be willing to sell them to us. If I remember,
                  it's from the early 1900s and may not be accurate if sidings were
                  added in the 20s or 30s. They are too big to copy but I might be
                  able to look up some info if it would help.

                  I'm glad to find another large group of NCNG fans, Later, Steve

                  --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Brown" <asmtrains@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Group,
                  > I am wanting to design a plan for my future NCNG layout.
                  >
                  > I have both "NCNG" and "Tale of Two Cities......" books and am not
                  > clear of what sidings there were (other than the one at the fair
                  > grounds).
                  >
                  > Is there a map or listing of all the sidings including their
                  location,
                  > length, direction of departure and which side of the track they
                  are?

                  > Any help will be appreciated.
                  >
                  > Thanks a lot,
                  > Randy Brown
                  > Arrowhead Scale Models
                  > P.O. Box 53
                  > Randsburg, CA. 93554
                  > Check out my E-Bay Store at:
                  > http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

                • Kevin Miller
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 7, 2006
                    Steve,

                    Thank you for the new link to the club layout. I hope they decide to
                    include a track plan some day.

                    Concerning Herman Darr's siding drawings. I know he sells them
                    because I bought a copy from him at least a year ago.

                    Kevin Miller
                    Winlock, WA