Re: NCNG Sidings and loading points

  • Joe & Jo Ellen Raymaker
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
      I'll call your bluff, Aaron; if you hate to be the one to bring it up, then
      why did you?<g> JR

      From: Aaron Splawn <aaronsplawn@...>
      Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:29:53 -0800 (PST)
      To: NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: <NevadaCoNG> NCNG Sidings and loading points

      I hate to be the one to bring this up, but since Herman makes a living
      selling his plans etc., it's probably appropriate to contact him for a copy
      of his map. Just a thought...

      Randy Brown <asmtrains@...> wrote:
      Hi Group,
      I am wanting to design a plan for my future NCNG layout.

      I have both "NCNG" and "Tale of Two Cities......" books and am not
      clear of what sidings there were (other than the one at the fair
      grounds).

      Is there a map or listing of all the sidings including their location,
      length, direction of departure and which side of the track they are?

      Any help will be appreciated.

      Thanks a lot,
      Randy Brown
      Arrowhead Scale Models
      P.O. Box 53
      Randsburg, CA. 93554
      Check out my E-Bay Store at:
      http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

      Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet? Check

      Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet? Check
      them out!

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      web.

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • dmacleod@surewest.net
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
        After talking to Herman about copying his drawing Aaron, you may be the only
        one that will be able to anything from Herman. To put it mildly, Herman is
        very upset with the copying of his material.
        Doug MacLeod, Roseville, CA
        > I'll call your bluff, Aaron; if you hate to be the one to bring it up,
        > then
        > why did you?<g> JR
        >
        > From: Aaron Splawn <aaronsplawn@...>
        > Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:29:53 -0800 (PST)
        > To: NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: Re: <NevadaCoNG> NCNG Sidings and loading points
        >

        > I hate to be the one to bring this up, but since Herman makes a living
        > selling his plans etc., it's probably appropriate to contact him for a
        > copy
        > of his map. Just a thought...
        >

        > Randy Brown <asmtrains@...> wrote:
        > Hi Group,
        > I am wanting to design a plan for my future NCNG layout.
        >
        > I have both "NCNG" and "Tale of Two Cities......" books and am not
        > clear of what sidings there were (other than the one at the fair
        > grounds).
        >
        > Is there a map or listing of all the sidings including their location,
        > length, direction of departure and which side of the track they are?
        >
        > Any help will be appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks a lot,
        > Randy Brown
        > Arrowhead Scale Models
        > P.O. Box 53
        > Randsburg, CA. 93554
        > Check out my E-Bay Store at:
        > http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

        > them out!

        > them out!
        >

        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        > web.

        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        > them out!
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Ken Lass
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
          Group,

          Does any one have a contact to post with Herman so we can do bussiness
          above board?

          Ken Lass

          ============================

        • dmacleod@surewest.net
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
            Herman Darr's address is:
            P.O. Box 2186, Nevada City, CA 95959

            Doug MacLeod, Roseville, CA

            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
              If Herman would be willing to put a price on the map (on list or off-
              list), I would be happy to send him a check.

              If he would prefer to keep the material out of the public domain, I
              will delete it from my inbox.

              Doug Stuard
              Reston VA
              Modeling the Bear River Bridge in N-scale.

              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NCNGRR> " on the

              Service

              > >>Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section
              yet? Check
              > >>them out!
              > >>Yahoo! Groups Links

              > > Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section
              yet? Check
              > > them out!
              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Aaron Splawn
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                I brought this up because I understand how easy it is to take advantage of modern technology to share these items. I can't lie and say I haven't been guilty of it myself, but I think we just need to keep in mind that this is one of the ways Herman (and others) make a simple living for others to enjoy...

                Aaron

                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                  I will stop emailing this document out folks. Herman handed these maps out
                  to a group of us who took his free tour he gave about 6 years ago so I
                  should not have assumed that this would be OK. If someone will contact him
                  re: this and he gives the OK then I will glad to cooperate in anyway I can.

                  Doug Jensen
                • Steve
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 5 10:33 PM
                    Hi Group,

                    My name is Steve Coffey and I just joined the group. I'm a big
                    fan of the NCNGRR and have been envolved with for many years with
                    the NCNGProject at the Fairgrounds and also the TMD museum many
                    years ago. The link you have on this site (Community-webtv/ncng) is
                    my personal web page that I set up for the NCNGProject. They now
                    have their own web page at www.ncngproject.org, check it out! I
                    read most of the postings to catch up and wanted to mention I have
                    access to old state maps of the NCNG that note all the sidings with
                    frog numbers and distances, where they were on the mainline, etc. I
                    haven't looked at them in a long time but I'm pretty sure they
                    mention the use of the sidings (ice house, lumber mill, etc), but if
                    the info is out there, maybe we can compare notes and work out the
                    info without copying Herman's map. He put a lot of work into them
                    and hopefully will be willing to sell them to us. If I remember,
                    it's from the early 1900s and may not be accurate if sidings were
                    added in the 20s or 30s. They are too big to copy but I might be
                    able to look up some info if it would help.

                    I'm glad to find another large group of NCNG fans, Later, Steve

                    --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Brown" <asmtrains@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Group,
                    > I am wanting to design a plan for my future NCNG layout.
                    >
                    > I have both "NCNG" and "Tale of Two Cities......" books and am not
                    > clear of what sidings there were (other than the one at the fair
                    > grounds).
                    >
                    > Is there a map or listing of all the sidings including their
                    location,
                    > length, direction of departure and which side of the track they
                    are?

                    > Any help will be appreciated.
                    >
                    > Thanks a lot,
                    > Randy Brown
                    > Arrowhead Scale Models
                    > P.O. Box 53
                    > Randsburg, CA. 93554
                    > Check out my E-Bay Store at:
                    > http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

                  • Kevin Miller
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 7 10:15 AM
                      Steve,

                      Thank you for the new link to the club layout. I hope they decide to
                      include a track plan some day.

                      Concerning Herman Darr's siding drawings. I know he sells them
                      because I bought a copy from him at least a year ago.

                      Kevin Miller
                      Winlock, WA