Re: NCNG Sidings and loading points

  • Aaron Splawn
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
      I hate to be the one to bring this up, but since Herman makes a living selling his plans etc., it's probably appropriate to contact him for a copy of his map. Just a thought...

      Randy Brown <asmtrains@...> wrote:
      Hi Group,
      I am wanting to design a plan for my future NCNG layout.

      I have both "NCNG" and "Tale of Two Cities......" books and am not
      clear of what sidings there were (other than the one at the fair
      grounds).

      Is there a map or listing of all the sidings including their location,
      length, direction of departure and which side of the track they are?

      Any help will be appreciated.

      Thanks a lot,
      Randy Brown
      Arrowhead Scale Models
      P.O. Box 53
      Randsburg, CA. 93554
      Check out my E-Bay Store at:
      http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

      Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet? Check them out!

    • Joe & Jo Ellen Raymaker
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
        I'll call your bluff, Aaron; if you hate to be the one to bring it up, then
        why did you?<g> JR

        From: Aaron Splawn <aaronsplawn@...>
        Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:29:53 -0800 (PST)
        To: NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: <NevadaCoNG> NCNG Sidings and loading points

[...]

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        web.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • dmacleod@surewest.net
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
          After talking to Herman about copying his drawing Aaron, you may be the only
          one that will be able to anything from Herman. To put it mildly, Herman is
          very upset with the copying of his material.
          Doug MacLeod, Roseville, CA
          > I'll call your bluff, Aaron; if you hate to be the one to bring it up,
          > then
          > why did you?<g> JR
          >
          > From: Aaron Splawn <aaronsplawn@...>
          > Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:29:53 -0800 (PST)
          > To: NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: Re: <NevadaCoNG> NCNG Sidings and loading points
          >

          > I hate to be the one to bring this up, but since Herman makes a living
          > selling his plans etc., it's probably appropriate to contact him for a
          > copy
          > of his map. Just a thought...
          >

          > Randy Brown <asmtrains@...> wrote:
          > Hi Group,
          > I am wanting to design a plan for my future NCNG layout.
          >
          > I have both "NCNG" and "Tale of Two Cities......" books and am not
          > clear of what sidings there were (other than the one at the fair
          > grounds).
          >
          > Is there a map or listing of all the sidings including their location,
          > length, direction of departure and which side of the track they are?
          >
          > Any help will be appreciated.
          >
          > Thanks a lot,
          > Randy Brown
          > Arrowhead Scale Models
          > P.O. Box 53
          > Randsburg, CA. 93554
          > Check out my E-Bay Store at:
          > http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

          > them out!

          > them out!
          >

          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          > web.

          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          > them out!
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Ken Lass
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
            Group,

            Does any one have a contact to post with Herman so we can do bussiness
            above board?

            Ken Lass

            ============================

          • dmacleod@surewest.net
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
              Herman Darr's address is:
              P.O. Box 2186, Nevada City, CA 95959

              Doug MacLeod, Roseville, CA

              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                If Herman would be willing to put a price on the map (on list or off-
                list), I would be happy to send him a check.

                If he would prefer to keep the material out of the public domain, I
                will delete it from my inbox.

                Doug Stuard
                Reston VA
                Modeling the Bear River Bridge in N-scale.

                <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NCNGRR> " on the

                Service

                > >>Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section
                yet? Check
                > >>them out!
                > >>Yahoo! Groups Links

                > > Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section
                yet? Check
                > > them out!
                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Aaron Splawn
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                  I brought this up because I understand how easy it is to take advantage of modern technology to share these items. I can't lie and say I haven't been guilty of it myself, but I think we just need to keep in mind that this is one of the ways Herman (and others) make a simple living for others to enjoy...

                  Aaron

                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                    I will stop emailing this document out folks. Herman handed these maps out
                    to a group of us who took his free tour he gave about 6 years ago so I
                    should not have assumed that this would be OK. If someone will contact him
                    re: this and he gives the OK then I will glad to cooperate in anyway I can.

                    Doug Jensen
                  • Steve
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 5, 2006
                      Hi Group,

                      My name is Steve Coffey and I just joined the group. I'm a big
                      fan of the NCNGRR and have been envolved with for many years with
                      the NCNGProject at the Fairgrounds and also the TMD museum many
                      years ago. The link you have on this site (Community-webtv/ncng) is
                      my personal web page that I set up for the NCNGProject. They now
                      have their own web page at www.ncngproject.org, check it out! I
                      read most of the postings to catch up and wanted to mention I have
                      access to old state maps of the NCNG that note all the sidings with
                      frog numbers and distances, where they were on the mainline, etc. I
                      haven't looked at them in a long time but I'm pretty sure they
                      mention the use of the sidings (ice house, lumber mill, etc), but if
                      the info is out there, maybe we can compare notes and work out the
                      info without copying Herman's map. He put a lot of work into them
                      and hopefully will be willing to sell them to us. If I remember,
                      it's from the early 1900s and may not be accurate if sidings were
                      added in the 20s or 30s. They are too big to copy but I might be
                      able to look up some info if it would help.

                      I'm glad to find another large group of NCNG fans, Later, Steve

                      --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Brown" <asmtrains@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Group,
                      > I am wanting to design a plan for my future NCNG layout.
                      >
                      > I have both "NCNG" and "Tale of Two Cities......" books and am not
                      > clear of what sidings there were (other than the one at the fair
                      > grounds).
                      >
                      > Is there a map or listing of all the sidings including their
                      location,
                      > length, direction of departure and which side of the track they
                      are?

                      > Any help will be appreciated.
                      >
                      > Thanks a lot,
                      > Randy Brown
                      > Arrowhead Scale Models
                      > P.O. Box 53
                      > Randsburg, CA. 93554
                      > Check out my E-Bay Store at:
                      > http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

                    • Kevin Miller
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 7, 2006
                        Steve,

                        Thank you for the new link to the club layout. I hope they decide to
                        include a track plan some day.

                        Concerning Herman Darr's siding drawings. I know he sells them
                        because I bought a copy from him at least a year ago.

                        Kevin Miller
                        Winlock, WA