RE: NCNG Sidings and loading points

    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 6, 2005
      Doug,

      Put me on the list as well. I have topos to mark up!!

      Doug Stuard
      Reston, VA
      Modeling the Bear River Bridge in N scale

      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 6, 2005
        Doug,

        I would appreciate n e-mail copy of the Herman Darr map. Thanks in
        advance.

        Bill Barber

        On Sunday, November 6, 2005, at 12:56 PM, B. Douglas Jensen wrote:

        > I have a pdf file of Herman's map if anyone wants me to email it to
        > them. I
        > tried to download it to the files section of the groups but it wouldn't
        > take.
        >
        > Doug Jensen
        >
        > www.theholidaycabaret.com
        >

        > Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet?
        > Check them out!
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Aaron Splawn
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
          I hate to be the one to bring this up, but since Herman makes a living selling his plans etc., it's probably appropriate to contact him for a copy of his map. Just a thought...

          Randy Brown <asmtrains@...> wrote:
          Hi Group,
          I am wanting to design a plan for my future NCNG layout.

          I have both "NCNG" and "Tale of Two Cities......" books and am not
          clear of what sidings there were (other than the one at the fair
          grounds).

          Is there a map or listing of all the sidings including their location,
          length, direction of departure and which side of the track they are?

          Any help will be appreciated.

          Thanks a lot,
          Randy Brown
          Arrowhead Scale Models
          P.O. Box 53
          Randsburg, CA. 93554
          Check out my E-Bay Store at:
          http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

          Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet? Check them out!

        • Joe & Jo Ellen Raymaker
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
            I'll call your bluff, Aaron; if you hate to be the one to bring it up, then
            why did you?<g> JR

            From: Aaron Splawn <aaronsplawn@...>
            Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:29:53 -0800 (PST)
            To: NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com

[...]

            web.

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          • dmacleod@surewest.net
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
              After talking to Herman about copying his drawing Aaron, you may be the only
              one that will be able to anything from Herman. To put it mildly, Herman is
              very upset with the copying of his material.
              Doug MacLeod, Roseville, CA
              > I'll call your bluff, Aaron; if you hate to be the one to bring it up,
              > then
              > why did you?<g> JR
              >
              > From: Aaron Splawn <aaronsplawn@...>
              > Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:29:53 -0800 (PST)
              > To: NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: Re: <NevadaCoNG> NCNG Sidings and loading points
              >

              > I hate to be the one to bring this up, but since Herman makes a living
              > selling his plans etc., it's probably appropriate to contact him for a
              > copy
              > of his map. Just a thought...
              >

              > Randy Brown <asmtrains@...> wrote:
              > Hi Group,
              > I am wanting to design a plan for my future NCNG layout.
              >
              > I have both "NCNG" and "Tale of Two Cities......" books and am not
              > clear of what sidings there were (other than the one at the fair
              > grounds).
              >
              > Is there a map or listing of all the sidings including their location,
              > length, direction of departure and which side of the track they are?
              >
              > Any help will be appreciated.
              >
              > Thanks a lot,
              > Randy Brown
              > Arrowhead Scale Models
              > P.O. Box 53
              > Randsburg, CA. 93554
              > Check out my E-Bay Store at:
              > http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

              > them out!

              > them out!
              >

              > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              > web.

              > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

              > them out!
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Ken Lass
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                Group,

                Does any one have a contact to post with Herman so we can do bussiness
                above board?

                Ken Lass

                ============================

              • dmacleod@surewest.net
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                  Herman Darr's address is:
                  P.O. Box 2186, Nevada City, CA 95959

                  Doug MacLeod, Roseville, CA

                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                    If Herman would be willing to put a price on the map (on list or off-
                    list), I would be happy to send him a check.

                    If he would prefer to keep the material out of the public domain, I
                    will delete it from my inbox.

                    <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NCNGRR> " on the

                    Service

                    > >>Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section
                    yet? Check
                    > >>them out!
                    > >>Yahoo! Groups Links

                    > > Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section
                    yet? Check
                    > > them out!
                    > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Aaron Splawn
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                      I brought this up because I understand how easy it is to take advantage of modern technology to share these items. I can't lie and say I haven't been guilty of it myself, but I think we just need to keep in mind that this is one of the ways Herman (and others) make a simple living for others to enjoy...

                      Aaron

                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                        I will stop emailing this document out folks. Herman handed these maps out
                        to a group of us who took his free tour he gave about 6 years ago so I
                        should not have assumed that this would be OK. If someone will contact him
                        re: this and he gives the OK then I will glad to cooperate in anyway I can.

                        Doug Jensen
                      • Steve
                        Message 11 of 17 , May 5, 2006
                          Hi Group,

                          My name is Steve Coffey and I just joined the group. I'm a big
                          fan of the NCNGRR and have been envolved with for many years with
                          the NCNGProject at the Fairgrounds and also the TMD museum many
                          years ago. The link you have on this site (Community-webtv/ncng) is
                          my personal web page that I set up for the NCNGProject. They now
                          have their own web page at www.ncngproject.org, check it out! I
                          read most of the postings to catch up and wanted to mention I have
                          access to old state maps of the NCNG that note all the sidings with
                          frog numbers and distances, where they were on the mainline, etc. I
                          haven't looked at them in a long time but I'm pretty sure they
                          mention the use of the sidings (ice house, lumber mill, etc), but if
                          the info is out there, maybe we can compare notes and work out the
                          info without copying Herman's map. He put a lot of work into them
                          and hopefully will be willing to sell them to us. If I remember,
                          it's from the early 1900s and may not be accurate if sidings were
                          added in the 20s or 30s. They are too big to copy but I might be
                          able to look up some info if it would help.

                          I'm glad to find another large group of NCNG fans, Later, Steve

                          --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Brown" <asmtrains@...> wrote:

                          > Hi Group,
                          > I am wanting to design a plan for my future NCNG layout.
                          >
                          > I have both "NCNG" and "Tale of Two Cities......" books and am not
                          > clear of what sidings there were (other than the one at the fair
                          > grounds).
                          >
                          > Is there a map or listing of all the sidings including their
                          location,
                          > length, direction of departure and which side of the track they
                          are?

                          > Any help will be appreciated.
                          >
                          > Thanks a lot,
                          > Randy Brown
                          > Arrowhead Scale Models
                          > P.O. Box 53
                          > Randsburg, CA. 93554
                          > Check out my E-Bay Store at:
                          > http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

                        • Kevin Miller
                          Message 12 of 17 , May 7, 2006
                            Steve,

                            Thank you for the new link to the club layout. I hope they decide to
                            include a track plan some day.

                            Concerning Herman Darr's siding drawings. I know he sells them
                            because I bought a copy from him at least a year ago.

                            Kevin Miller
                            Winlock, WA