RE: NCNG Sidings and loading points

  • Jake
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 6, 2005
      Doug; I'd love to get a copy of that map. Thanks!

      Tom Venz

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 6, 2005
        Doug,

        Put me on the list as well. I have topos to mark up!!

        Doug Stuard
        Reston, VA
        Modeling the Bear River Bridge in N scale

        I have a pdf file of Herman's map if anyone wants me to email it to
        them. I
        tried to download it to the files section of the groups but it wouldn't
        take.

        Doug Jensen

        www.theholidaycabaret.com

        Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet?
        Check them out!

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        " on the web.

        _____

      • Joe & Jo Ellen Raymaker
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 6, 2005
          Doug,

          Please do mail it. thanks, Joe, up in Siskiyou County, on the Klamath
          River

          From: "B. Douglas Jensen" <bdouglas@...>
          Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 10:56:20 -0800
          To: <NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com>

          I have a pdf file of Herman's map if anyone wants me to email it to them. I
          tried to download it to the files section of the groups but it wouldn't
          take.

          Doug Jensen

          www.theholidaycabaret.com

          Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet? Check
          them out!

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          web.

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • clipperw@EarthLink.net
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 6, 2005
            Doug,

            I would appreciate n e-mail copy of the Herman Darr map. Thanks in
            advance.

            Bill Barber

            On Sunday, November 6, 2005, at 12:56 PM, B. Douglas Jensen wrote:

            > I have a pdf file of Herman's map if anyone wants me to email it to
            > them. I
            > tried to download it to the files section of the groups but it wouldn't
            > take.
            >
            > Doug Jensen
            >
            > www.theholidaycabaret.com
            >

            > Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet?
            > Check them out!
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Aaron Splawn
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
              I hate to be the one to bring this up, but since Herman makes a living selling his plans etc., it's probably appropriate to contact him for a copy of his map. Just a thought...

              Randy Brown <asmtrains@...> wrote:
              Hi Group,
              I am wanting to design a plan for my future NCNG layout.

              I have both "NCNG" and "Tale of Two Cities......" books and am not
              clear of what sidings there were (other than the one at the fair
              grounds).

              Is there a map or listing of all the sidings including their location,
              length, direction of departure and which side of the track they are?

              Any help will be appreciated.

              Thanks a lot,
              Randy Brown
              Arrowhead Scale Models
              P.O. Box 53
              Randsburg, CA. 93554
              Check out my E-Bay Store at:
              http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                I'll call your bluff, Aaron; if you hate to be the one to bring it up, then
                why did you?<g> JR

                From: Aaron Splawn <aaronsplawn@...>
                Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:29:53 -0800 (PST)
                To: NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com

              • dmacleod@surewest.net
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                  After talking to Herman about copying his drawing Aaron, you may be the only
                  one that will be able to anything from Herman. To put it mildly, Herman is
                  very upset with the copying of his material.
                  Doug MacLeod, Roseville, CA
                  > I'll call your bluff, Aaron; if you hate to be the one to bring it up,
                  > then
                  > why did you?<g> JR
                  >
                  > From: Aaron Splawn <aaronsplawn@...>
                  > Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:29:53 -0800 (PST)
                  > To: NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: Re: <NevadaCoNG> NCNG Sidings and loading points
                  >

                  > I hate to be the one to bring this up, but since Herman makes a living
                  > selling his plans etc., it's probably appropriate to contact him for a
                  > copy
                  > of his map. Just a thought...
                  >

                  > Randy Brown <asmtrains@...> wrote:
                  > Hi Group,
                  > I am wanting to design a plan for my future NCNG layout.
                  >
                  > I have both "NCNG" and "Tale of Two Cities......" books and am not
                  > clear of what sidings there were (other than the one at the fair
                  > grounds).
                  >
                  > Is there a map or listing of all the sidings including their location,
                  > length, direction of departure and which side of the track they are?
                  >
                  > Any help will be appreciated.
                  >
                  > Thanks a lot,
                  > Randy Brown
                  > Arrowhead Scale Models
                  > P.O. Box 53
                  > Randsburg, CA. 93554
                  > Check out my E-Bay Store at:
                  > http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

                  > them out!

                  > them out!
                  >

                  > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  > web.

                  > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                  > them out!
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Ken Lass
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                    Group,

                    Does any one have a contact to post with Herman so we can do bussiness
                    above board?

                    Ken Lass

                    ============================

                  • dmacleod@surewest.net
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                      Herman Darr's address is:
                      P.O. Box 2186, Nevada City, CA 95959

                      Doug MacLeod, Roseville, CA

                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                        If Herman would be willing to put a price on the map (on list or off-
                        list), I would be happy to send him a check.

                        If he would prefer to keep the material out of the public domain, I
                        will delete it from my inbox.

                        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NCNGRR> " on the

                        Service

                        > >>Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section
                        yet? Check
                        > >>them out!
                        > >>Yahoo! Groups Links

                        > > Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section
                        yet? Check
                        > > them out!
                        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • Aaron Splawn
                        Message 11 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                          I brought this up because I understand how easy it is to take advantage of modern technology to share these items. I can't lie and say I haven't been guilty of it myself, but I think we just need to keep in mind that this is one of the ways Herman (and others) make a simple living for others to enjoy...

                          Aaron

                          Message 12 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                            I will stop emailing this document out folks. Herman handed these maps out
                            to a group of us who took his free tour he gave about 6 years ago so I
                            should not have assumed that this would be OK. If someone will contact him
                            re: this and he gives the OK then I will glad to cooperate in anyway I can.

                            Doug Jensen
                          • Steve
                            Message 13 of 17 , May 5, 2006
                              Hi Group,

                              My name is Steve Coffey and I just joined the group. I'm a big
                              fan of the NCNGRR and have been envolved with for many years with
                              the NCNGProject at the Fairgrounds and also the TMD museum many
                              years ago. The link you have on this site (Community-webtv/ncng) is
                              my personal web page that I set up for the NCNGProject. They now
                              have their own web page at www.ncngproject.org, check it out! I
                              read most of the postings to catch up and wanted to mention I have
                              access to old state maps of the NCNG that note all the sidings with
                              frog numbers and distances, where they were on the mainline, etc. I
                              haven't looked at them in a long time but I'm pretty sure they
                              mention the use of the sidings (ice house, lumber mill, etc), but if
                              the info is out there, maybe we can compare notes and work out the
                              info without copying Herman's map. He put a lot of work into them
                              and hopefully will be willing to sell them to us. If I remember,
                              it's from the early 1900s and may not be accurate if sidings were
                              added in the 20s or 30s. They are too big to copy but I might be
                              able to look up some info if it would help.

                              I'm glad to find another large group of NCNG fans, Later, Steve

                              --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Brown" <asmtrains@...> wrote:

                              > Hi Group,
                              > I am wanting to design a plan for my future NCNG layout.
                              >
                              > I have both "NCNG" and "Tale of Two Cities......" books and am not
                              > clear of what sidings there were (other than the one at the fair
                              > grounds).
                              >
                              > Is there a map or listing of all the sidings including their
                              location,
                              > length, direction of departure and which side of the track they
                              are?

                              > Any help will be appreciated.
                              >
                              > Thanks a lot,
                              > Randy Brown
                              > Arrowhead Scale Models
                              > P.O. Box 53
                              > Randsburg, CA. 93554
                              > Check out my E-Bay Store at:
                              > http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

                            • Kevin Miller
                              Message 14 of 17 , May 7, 2006
                                Steve,

                                Thank you for the new link to the club layout. I hope they decide to
                                include a track plan some day.

                                Concerning Herman Darr's siding drawings. I know he sells them
                                because I bought a copy from him at least a year ago.

                                Kevin Miller
                                Winlock, WA