RE: NCNG Sidings and loading points

  • B. Douglas Jensen
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 6, 2005
      I have a pdf file of Herman's map if anyone wants me to email it to them. I
      tried to download it to the files section of the groups but it wouldn't
      take.

      Doug Jensen

      www.theholidaycabaret.com
    • Jake
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 6, 2005
        Doug; I'd love to get a copy of that map. Thanks!

        Tom Venz

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 6, 2005
          Doug,

          Put me on the list as well. I have topos to mark up!!

          Doug Stuard
          Reston, VA
          Modeling the Bear River Bridge in N scale

          I have a pdf file of Herman's map if anyone wants me to email it to
          them. I
          tried to download it to the files section of the groups but it wouldn't
          take.

          Doug Jensen

          www.theholidaycabaret.com

          Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet?
          Check them out!

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          " on the web.

          _____

        • Joe & Jo Ellen Raymaker
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 6, 2005
            Doug,

            Please do mail it. thanks, Joe, up in Siskiyou County, on the Klamath
            River

            From: "B. Douglas Jensen" <bdouglas@...>
            Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 10:56:20 -0800
            To: <NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com>

            I have a pdf file of Herman's map if anyone wants me to email it to them. I
            tried to download it to the files section of the groups but it wouldn't
            take.

            Doug Jensen

            www.theholidaycabaret.com

            Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet? Check
            them out!

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            web.

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          • clipperw@EarthLink.net
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 6, 2005
              Doug,

              I would appreciate n e-mail copy of the Herman Darr map. Thanks in
              advance.

              Bill Barber

              On Sunday, November 6, 2005, at 12:56 PM, B. Douglas Jensen wrote:

              > I have a pdf file of Herman's map if anyone wants me to email it to
              > them. I
              > tried to download it to the files section of the groups but it wouldn't
              > take.
              >
              > Doug Jensen
              >
              > www.theholidaycabaret.com
              >

              > Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet?
              > Check them out!
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Aaron Splawn
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                I hate to be the one to bring this up, but since Herman makes a living selling his plans etc., it's probably appropriate to contact him for a copy of his map. Just a thought...

                Randy Brown <asmtrains@...> wrote:
                Hi Group,
                I am wanting to design a plan for my future NCNG layout.

                I have both "NCNG" and "Tale of Two Cities......" books and am not
                clear of what sidings there were (other than the one at the fair
                grounds).

                Is there a map or listing of all the sidings including their location,
                length, direction of departure and which side of the track they are?

                Any help will be appreciated.

                Thanks a lot,
                Randy Brown
                Arrowhead Scale Models
                P.O. Box 53
                Randsburg, CA. 93554
                Check out my E-Bay Store at:
                http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                  I'll call your bluff, Aaron; if you hate to be the one to bring it up, then
                  why did you?<g> JR

                  From: Aaron Splawn <aaronsplawn@...>
                  Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:29:53 -0800 (PST)
                  To: NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com

                • dmacleod@surewest.net
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                    After talking to Herman about copying his drawing Aaron, you may be the only
                    one that will be able to anything from Herman. To put it mildly, Herman is
                    very upset with the copying of his material.
                    Doug MacLeod, Roseville, CA
                    > I'll call your bluff, Aaron; if you hate to be the one to bring it up,
                    > then
                    > why did you?<g> JR
                    >
                    > From: Aaron Splawn <aaronsplawn@...>
                    > Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:29:53 -0800 (PST)
                    > To: NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com
                    > Subject: Re: <NevadaCoNG> NCNG Sidings and loading points
                    >

                    > I hate to be the one to bring this up, but since Herman makes a living
                    > selling his plans etc., it's probably appropriate to contact him for a
                    > copy
                    > of his map. Just a thought...
                    >

                    > Randy Brown <asmtrains@...> wrote:
                    > Hi Group,
                    > I am wanting to design a plan for my future NCNG layout.
                    >
                    > I have both "NCNG" and "Tale of Two Cities......" books and am not
                    > clear of what sidings there were (other than the one at the fair
                    > grounds).
                    >
                    > Is there a map or listing of all the sidings including their location,
                    > length, direction of departure and which side of the track they are?
                    >
                    > Any help will be appreciated.
                    >
                    > Thanks a lot,
                    > Randy Brown
                    > Arrowhead Scale Models
                    > P.O. Box 53
                    > Randsburg, CA. 93554
                    > Check out my E-Bay Store at:
                    > http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

                    > them out!

                    > them out!
                    >

                    > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                    > web.

                    > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                    > them out!
                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Ken Lass
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                      Group,

                      Does any one have a contact to post with Herman so we can do bussiness
                      above board?

                      Ken Lass

                      ============================

                    • dmacleod@surewest.net
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                        Herman Darr's address is:
                        P.O. Box 2186, Nevada City, CA 95959

                        Doug MacLeod, Roseville, CA

                        Message 11 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                          If Herman would be willing to put a price on the map (on list or off-
                          list), I would be happy to send him a check.

                          If he would prefer to keep the material out of the public domain, I
                          will delete it from my inbox.

                          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NCNGRR> " on the

                          Service

                          > >>Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section
                          yet? Check
                          > >>them out!
                          > >>Yahoo! Groups Links

                          > > Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section
                          yet? Check
                          > > them out!
                          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                        • Aaron Splawn
                          Message 12 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                            I brought this up because I understand how easy it is to take advantage of modern technology to share these items. I can't lie and say I haven't been guilty of it myself, but I think we just need to keep in mind that this is one of the ways Herman (and others) make a simple living for others to enjoy...

                            Aaron

                            Message 13 of 17 , Nov 7, 2005
                              I will stop emailing this document out folks. Herman handed these maps out
                              to a group of us who took his free tour he gave about 6 years ago so I
                              should not have assumed that this would be OK. If someone will contact him
                              re: this and he gives the OK then I will glad to cooperate in anyway I can.

                              Doug Jensen
                            • Steve
                              Message 14 of 17 , May 5, 2006
                                Hi Group,

                                My name is Steve Coffey and I just joined the group. I'm a big
                                fan of the NCNGRR and have been envolved with for many years with
                                the NCNGProject at the Fairgrounds and also the TMD museum many
                                years ago. The link you have on this site (Community-webtv/ncng) is
                                my personal web page that I set up for the NCNGProject. They now
                                have their own web page at www.ncngproject.org, check it out! I
                                read most of the postings to catch up and wanted to mention I have
                                access to old state maps of the NCNG that note all the sidings with
                                frog numbers and distances, where they were on the mainline, etc. I
                                haven't looked at them in a long time but I'm pretty sure they
                                mention the use of the sidings (ice house, lumber mill, etc), but if
                                the info is out there, maybe we can compare notes and work out the
                                info without copying Herman's map. He put a lot of work into them
                                and hopefully will be willing to sell them to us. If I remember,
                                it's from the early 1900s and may not be accurate if sidings were
                                added in the 20s or 30s. They are too big to copy but I might be
                                able to look up some info if it would help.

                                I'm glad to find another large group of NCNG fans, Later, Steve

                                --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Brown" <asmtrains@...> wrote:

                                > Hi Group,
                                > I am wanting to design a plan for my future NCNG layout.
                                >
                                > I have both "NCNG" and "Tale of Two Cities......" books and am not
                                > clear of what sidings there were (other than the one at the fair
                                > grounds).
                                >
                                > Is there a map or listing of all the sidings including their
                                location,
                                > length, direction of departure and which side of the track they
                                are?

                                > Any help will be appreciated.
                                >
                                > Thanks a lot,
                                > Randy Brown
                                > Arrowhead Scale Models
                                > P.O. Box 53
                                > Randsburg, CA. 93554
                                > Check out my E-Bay Store at:
                                > http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

                              • Kevin Miller
                                Message 15 of 17 , May 7, 2006
                                  Steve,

                                  Thank you for the new link to the club layout. I hope they decide to
                                  include a track plan some day.

                                  Concerning Herman Darr's siding drawings. I know he sells them
                                  because I bought a copy from him at least a year ago.

                                  Kevin Miller
                                  Winlock, WA