NCNG Topo

  • rickmick47
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2005
      My site has part of a map from Gold Bug posted. Only the parts
      including the railroad are there. About 700K download.
      http://www.narrowgauge.net/ng_maps.htm

      -rick
    • Joe & Jo Ellen Raymaker
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2005
        Rixk

        You have given us all a very valuable reference, and I thank you. What
        caught my interest, and didn't open when I "clicked" on it, was the "ewntire
        system" map of the Bodie Railway and Lumber Company. Not much out there at
        all on that particular RR., mostly in Billeb's book.

        thanks, againa. JR

        From: "rickmick47" <rickmick47@...>
        Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 23:43:52 -0000
        To: NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: <NevadaCoNG> NCNG Topo

        My site has part of a map from Gold Bug posted. Only the parts
        including the railroad are there. About 700K download.
        http://www.narrowgauge.net/ng_maps.htm

        -rick

        Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet? Check
        them out!

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        web.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Randy Hees
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2005
          There is quite a bit out there on the B&B if you are willing to look.

          In addition to Billeb's book there are chapters on the line in Myrik's
          Railroads of Nevada & Eastern California and in Turner's Narrow Gauge
          Nostalgia, (now reprinted as California High Country Narrow Gauge.) One
          warning, don't trust the loco rosters in Turner's book, they are way
          off, but the loco roster in Myrik's is pretty good.

          There have recently been plans for some of the locos published in the
          Gazette, and there was a presentation on the line at last years V&T
          symposium. That presentation was particularly ground breaking,
          including information I had never seen on the logging side (two branches
          South of Mono Mills) and on a switch back branch in Bodie, running above
          the Standard Mill.

          I have also found information in various Poor's reports, particularly
          lists of cars (they had some Russell log cars)

          Randy Hees

          Joe & Jo Ellen Raymaker wrote:

          >Rixk
          >
          >You have given us all a very valuable reference, and I thank you. What
          >caught my interest, and didn't open when I "clicked" on it, was the "ewntire
          >system" map of the Bodie Railway and Lumber Company. Not much out there at
          >all on that particular RR., mostly in Billeb's book.
          >
          >thanks, againa. JR

        • Joe & Jo Ellen Raymaker
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2005
            Randy,

            There were switchbacks toget from Mono to Bodie, alongside the hill a few
            miles outta town. But you mean switchbacks going elsewhere, like up to a
            mind or stamp mill?

            Well, if you don't have historical record, then you are free to miagine!

            thanks, JR

            From: Randy Hees <hees@...>
            Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 08:36:17 -0800
            To: NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: <NevadaCoNG> Bodie & Benton was NCNG Topo

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2005
              As noted the mainline (Mono Mills to Bodie via Lime Kiln) had switch
              backs between Lime Kiln and Bodie, but there was also a branch north of
              the Bodie depot, with a switch back, along the ridge above town. The
              line ran above the Standard Mill, along the ridge top.

              Randy Hees