Museum Visit?

  • Joe Raymaker
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2005
      Not long ago I wrote that I was going to get the Empire Mine, Nevada County
      Narrow Gauge and Eldorado Western museums visited, all in one day.
      Having forgotten some essential gear, I had to return home, stayed home that
      night, and went directly to San Jose the next day.

      The good news is that the Train Shop in Santa Clara(which has at least one
      copy of every RR book ever written), had George Turner's "California High
      Country Narrow Gauge" for $34.95. First published as "Narrow Gauge
      Nostalgia", this book has all four RRs in which I have an interest: Bodie &
      Benton, Carson & Colorado, Diamond & Caldor, and Nevada County Narrow
      Gauge.

      Well, there's the Camino, Placerville & Lake Tahoe, but that's featured in
      "Pino Grande", by Polkinghorn, which I also purchased. And I found "Slim
      Rails through the Sand" in excellent condition , through Amazon.

      So the trip was "aborted", but I got the information I needed; now for some
      studying. JR