Re: Update on The NCNG Trainz Project

  • EANDPNG@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2005
      In a message dated 7/10/2005 5:22:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      dasredbaron@... writes:
      <<Where was the Standard Oil Facility located at? One written source
      says "Just south of Nevada City" and another source says "near the
      Town Talk Tunnel". Also was this on a siding or a spur and does
      anyone know how this track was situated there?? Even a rough hand
      drawing is better than what I have (which is Nothing)>>
      The Standard Oil plant is just south of the Town Talk tunnel.The switch to
      the spur was so close to the south tunnel portal that the trains had to pull
      through the tunnel to switch the plant. The plant itself is situated on the side
      of Town Talk Ridge about 20 or 30 feet below the main line. The spur descended
      on a 4% grade to the unloading point above the plant. As you continue south
      from the tunnel on the main track you cross the county road and a short
      distance from there was a passing track that also served the Shell bulk plant.
      Regards,
      Greg Maxwell

    • Mike Davis
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10, 2005
        Here are some maps of that area, if you could point it
        out the spot. Thanks a million again

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 10, 2005
          To get the idea of the layout of the plant take a look at this image,
          http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&Z=10&X=3349&Y=21727&W=3&qs=%7ctown+talk
          %7cca

          The S.O.Co. plant is the "L" shaped group of structures just south west of
          the highway. Remaines of the spur's road bed is just next to the highway's west
          shoulder.

          Greg