Update on The NCNG Trainz Project

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2005
      Hi All

      Thanks to considerable data supplied by Andrew progress continues on
      the "NCNG in Trainz" project.

      Two new pics posted, one of Gold Flat Trestle and one of the Grass
      Valley Yard progress.

      All these items had to be gmaxed, and textured so it takes time.
      Thanks to a fellow trainzer too for the "A" frame gallows turntable.
      He is adjusting them to match that needed for this project. :)

      Help is still needed on some details between Grass Valley and Nevada
      City.

      Where was the Standard Oil Facility located at? One written source
      says "Just south of Nevada City" and another source says "near the
      Town Talk Tunnel". Also was this on a siding or a spur and does
      anyone know how this track was situated there?? Even a rough hand
      drawing is better than what I have (which is Nothing)

      Also, any details on the Idaho-Maryland Mine, trackage, and mine pics.
      I need to model this one too.

      Also the Grass Valley Ice House, exact location, and photos. And A
      side note,, I have found no reference to the NCNG having reefers, yet
      there were ice houses????

      I hope someone else is interested in Trainz too and can someday use
      this project.

      Until next time
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 2005
        I bought Trainz last year (haven't used it much). I'm a big NCNG
        fan, modeling the Bear River Bridge in "N", and have conceptualized
        the entire line a oNeTrak modules, even to the post-war era as the
        standard gauged "Nevada County Short Line", running SP hand-me-downs
        similar to the NWP (in Black Widow, of course)!

        I am really looking forward to the results of your project.

        Doug Stuard
        Reston, VA
        NVNTRAK