Re: An introduction and some questions

  • Randy Brown
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2005
      Hi Marie,
      I thank you, too, for the kind welcome.

      --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, Marie L Schwaegerl <marie2119@j...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Randy,
      >
      > Welcome to the group. I have been interested in the NCNGRR for a
      long time. I lived in Chicago Park for a long time and now live in
      Sacramento.
      > I have both the books and both of them have maps of the NCNGRR,
      both of the Old line and the new line (1908), and where they come
      together.

      **Great. I will definately buy both books (I love RR books) and look
      forward to reading about the history of the NCNG.

      > One thing to check out is the NCNGRR Project at the Nevada County
      fairgrounds - They have a working model of the railroad with all nine
      locomotives. My best friend has so much knowledge and is a member of
      this group - but, a little bit to busy right now - He is the chairman
      for the Grass Valley airfest. Oh, and he also is part of the NCNGRR
      and Transportation museum in Nevada City..

      **I have looked, breifly, at their web site and will study it more
      closely at a future date.

      > I hope that I have helped you in some way.
      **Good start.
      Do you have any idea as to my other two questions??

      Thanks a lot.

      Randy Brown
      Arrowhead Scale Models
      P.O. Box 53