Re: Photos

  • David Cooke
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 17, 2005
      It was I

      David Cooke
    • Aaron Splawn
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 17, 2005
        Ahhh... They look good! I figured they were On3. Are the #9's the Beaver Creek (PSC) models?

        I'm picking up a set of plans for the #7/8 tender. They are drawings from Herman Darr, who actually did the drawing that Beaver Creek based their model after. Incidentally, Herman told me once that the #9 had a green boiler jacket at one time. If you look at some of the photos in Best's book you will notice the boiler is lighter than the smokebox and cab. These may have been when it was green...

        I will keep you posted on the plans. Aaron

        David Cooke <matador@...> wrote:
        It was I

        David Cooke

        Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet? Check them out!

      • David Cooke
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 17, 2005
          Aaron
          The lined out # 9 is Hon3 the other 2 On3 .For the # 7 I am using a
          Iron Horse Models Baldwin 4-4-0 it is very unusual in that the Boiler
          actually is in 2 pieces I have a set of the correct trucks and I think
          it will turn out really nice
          David
        • Aaron Splawn

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 17, 2005
              Aaron

              I used the motor from a basketcase Hon3 C-16 what scale do you want
              the tender for. I may have a spare Hon3 one.

              David.
            • Aaron Splawn

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 21, 2005
                  If you have a spare, that would be great!!! I modeling the #8 in Hon3.

                  Thanks, Aaron

                  P.S. If you ever want to sell the Hon3 #9 please let me know...