Colfax

  • Peter M Grace
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2004
      Coming down Donner Pass the other week, we got the chance to stop in Colfax.
      Did not get to drive out along where the line went in the old days, but did
      get the worlds largest ice cream in the Colfax depot!

      Maybe next time we are that way, someone could show us around a little.

      Pete
    • John Teall
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2004
        --- Peter M Grace <peter.grace@...> wrote:

        > Coming down Donner Pass the other week, we got the
        > chance to stop in Colfax.
        > Did not get to drive out along where the line went
        > in the old days, but did
        > get the worlds largest ice cream in the Colfax
        > depot!
        >
        > Maybe next time we are that way, someone could show
        > us around a little.
        >
        > Pete

        ice cream? i have GOT to get up that way again
        sometime!

        i cannot tell you the hours i sat at that back desk in
        the office visiting with my dad (shorty teall) when he
        was 'telegrapher' there.

        (there was at that time blueprint maps going back to
        the very earliest ones of the yard there in colfax,
        even showing the narrow gauge, in the top middle
        drawer. and the right hand lower side drawer was
        filled with Bill Harges manufacturer's opperator's
        manuals for just about every type of deisel unit
        commonly used on the hill, emd's alco's and even the
        kraus maffie's)

        many happy memories in that place.

        (i often wonder what became of all that stuff, i hope
        at least some of it ended up in some musium somewhere
        and not just rotted, burned or otherwise lost and
        destroyed)

        =^^=
        .../\...

        http://vote.yahoo.com