Re: Railroad Spur

  • EANDPNG@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 5, 2004
      In a message dated 10/4/2004 6:59:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      marie2119@... writes:
      Hi All,

      Yeah, there were spur tracks in the Chicago Park area, the picnic
      grounds, and the Mohawk lumber mill. I don't know if they are any others.

      Thanks,
      Marie
      Marie,
      I didn't have any data on a spur at the picnic grounds, was this prior to
      1912? I would be very interested in the source of this data. There was a siding
      at the old picnic grounds at Storm's ranch that became the Colmans siding,
      located between Lakewood Rd and Metz Ranch Rd. The California Railroad Commission
      maps for the line are very detailed and show no siding at the new picnic
      grounds. As far as the maps show there is nothing north of the Mohawk Lumber spur
      until you get to the turntable that was located about 50' south of Maple Rd.
      Again the closest to Talking Pines Rd would be the Mohawk Lumber spur that
      diverged from the main line just south of Lakewood Rd at about a 30 degree angle,
      running off to the northwest for 580 ft.
      Best regards,
      Greg Maxwell

    • Marie L Schwaegerl
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 5, 2004
        Hello Greg,

        I don't think that spur track was for the new picnic grounds after 1912.
        I would have to get in touch with my best friend about that because he
        would know about the spurs in the Chicago Park area. I lived on Lakewood
        Lane, So, I would like to know also if there were any spur tracks that
        went off.

        Thanks again,
        Marie
      • Lovecal
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 5, 2004
          The land at Talking pines has what looks like a spur on the
          property. Maybe it was used for something else. Thankyou all for
          your information.

          Tom Venz

          --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, Marie L Schwaegerl <marie2119@j...>