Re: Railroad Spur

  • Marie L Schwaegerl
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 4, 2004
      Hi All,

      Yeah, there were spur tracks in the Chicago Park area, the picnic
      grounds, and the Mohawk lumber mill. I don't know if they are any others.

      Thanks,
      Marie
    • Jake
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2004
        Thanks Marie..

        That answers the question of why I have kind of a burm
        on my property.

        Tom Venz
        14621 Talking Pines

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM

        http://vote.yahoo.com
      • EANDPNG@AOL.COM
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 5, 2004
          In a message dated 10/4/2004 6:59:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
          marie2119@... writes:
          Hi All,

          Yeah, there were spur tracks in the Chicago Park area, the picnic
          grounds, and the Mohawk lumber mill. I don't know if they are any others.

          Thanks,
          Marie
          Marie,
          I didn't have any data on a spur at the picnic grounds, was this prior to
          1912? I would be very interested in the source of this data. There was a siding
          at the old picnic grounds at Storm's ranch that became the Colmans siding,
          located between Lakewood Rd and Metz Ranch Rd. The California Railroad Commission
          maps for the line are very detailed and show no siding at the new picnic
          grounds. As far as the maps show there is nothing north of the Mohawk Lumber spur
          until you get to the turntable that was located about 50' south of Maple Rd.
          Again the closest to Talking Pines Rd would be the Mohawk Lumber spur that
          diverged from the main line just south of Lakewood Rd at about a 30 degree angle,
          running off to the northwest for 580 ft.
          Best regards,
          Greg Maxwell

        • Marie L Schwaegerl
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 5, 2004
            Hello Greg,

            I don't think that spur track was for the new picnic grounds after 1912.
            I would have to get in touch with my best friend about that because he
            would know about the spurs in the Chicago Park area. I lived on Lakewood
            Lane, So, I would like to know also if there were any spur tracks that
            went off.

            Thanks again,
            Marie
          • Lovecal
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 5, 2004
              The land at Talking pines has what looks like a spur on the
              property. Maybe it was used for something else. Thankyou all for
              your information.

              Tom Venz

              --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, Marie L Schwaegerl <marie2119@j...>