Re: Narrow Gauge engine...?

  • gauge18rr
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19, 2004
      Hi Pat,

      > Is there a NCNG active committee that you would know of.

      Is there ever! Just up the road a bit. Check this out.
      http://www.ncngrrmuseum.org/index.htm
      I think a small display at Colfax along I-80 makes much sense, and
      perhaps the current NCNG museum would participate (contribute a photo
      display?). However, they have invested many years and gallons of
      sweat to get their set-up going as it is. Now, if you could secure a
      good mile or three of NCNG right-of way from a convenient station
      location in Colfax, I think you would be having much to discuss with
      these folks. I am not certain, but it may be difficult to lay much
      more track where they are located presently. Several museums operate
      with dual locations, it might be possible with this one if it has the
      manpower (not right now, obviously). An operating steam locomotive
      will definitely help to create the interest in the public and
      volunteers, but as you found, they are not easy to come by. The
      Kahului locomotive is apparently a fine engine, and while not cheap,
      is worth the price.

      Best,
      O. Anderson