Re: Fw: Colfax RR display

  • Pat Rylance
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 11 10:25 AM
      Hi Doug,
      Last night I mentioned the NCNG RR museum project committee and that I
      had contacted some of the members, that they thought it was a good
      idea to have the NCNG RR represented on the Colfax side and to keep
      them informed. I also addressed the fact that I was all for the
      Colfax RR museum, but not at the expense of closing our crossing.
      Also, that I would help in whatever I could regarding anything to do
      with the NCNG at our end......be it a plac, visitor site or whatever.
      I also expressed concerns of other property owners regarding the fire
      danger we go through every year, bringing up the present fire in our
      area just across I-80 from my home.....that to bring large equip or
      fire trucks down Dinky or Foresthill would be all but impossible. The
      only way is to cross the tracks at Dinky from the Colfax side. They
      assured me there will be many more meeting and open discussion on the
      museum and crossing issue, and the public input would be required.
      Everything went well, and I hope to be very vocal at the meetings
      about making sure the NCNG is somewhat a part of the plan.
      I want to thank everyone for their valuable comments and concern
      regarding this matter and my immediate concern.
      I did not even know this group existed, even though I have 4
      yahoogroups of my own on other subjects. I am grateful to have found
      it and especially to be a part of it.
      Again.........THANK YOU EVERYONE!
      Pat