RE: Fw: Colfax RR display

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10, 2004
      I am surprised that Pat has made no mention of the NCNGRR Museum in
      Nevada City (http://www.ncngrrmuseum.org/index.htm). While I support
      her objectives, I think the NG is well covered from that end of the
      line. A museum at Colfax, however, is a great idea, given the history
      of the CP, SP and now UP to the town. The NCNG operations at Colfax and
      Oilville would certainly have a place there as well.

      Doug Stuard

      Reston, VA

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 11, 2004
        Hi Doug,
        Last night I mentioned the NCNG RR museum project committee and that I
        had contacted some of the members, that they thought it was a good
        idea to have the NCNG RR represented on the Colfax side and to keep
        them informed. I also addressed the fact that I was all for the
        Colfax RR museum, but not at the expense of closing our crossing.
        Also, that I would help in whatever I could regarding anything to do
        with the NCNG at our end......be it a plac, visitor site or whatever.
        I also expressed concerns of other property owners regarding the fire
        danger we go through every year, bringing up the present fire in our
        area just across I-80 from my home.....that to bring large equip or
        fire trucks down Dinky or Foresthill would be all but impossible. The
        only way is to cross the tracks at Dinky from the Colfax side. They
        assured me there will be many more meeting and open discussion on the
        museum and crossing issue, and the public input would be required.
        Everything went well, and I hope to be very vocal at the meetings
        about making sure the NCNG is somewhat a part of the plan.
        I want to thank everyone for their valuable comments and concern
        regarding this matter and my immediate concern.
        I did not even know this group existed, even though I have 4
        yahoogroups of my own on other subjects. I am grateful to have found
        it and especially to be a part of it.
        Again.........THANK YOU EVERYONE!
        Pat