Re: Fw: Colfax RR display

  • Pat Rylance
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10, 2004
      At the time I went to the 7/27 meeting, I was unaware of who was on
      what committee or what committee(s) were even involved. What concerns
      me is that that are NOT acknowledging the Narrow Gauge Rd at
      all....even after I addressed the council on my conerns. I left the
      meeting when they went to the next matter which was the
      museum/restoration issue. When viewing the tape of that meeting, it
      was as though I was never there and they were still discussing the
      closing of the crossing. Needless to say.....I am not happy about
      this at all and I will be to the meeting tonight. The Narrow Gauge RR
      Road is very much appart of what they are attempting to do and it is a
      MUST that they include the Narrow Gauge. I am not likely to be ignored!

      I am concerned about the way they have addressed this issue in the
      committees and just went to the council on 7/27 to make a resolution
      to finalize it w/o addressing these issue with public imput. There
      could be a violation of the Brown Act here to some extent, but I need
      time to do more research on the issue. Time is what I don't have
      right now.
      According to the photos in your files on this group I can see that
      crossing clear back to 1883. I would think it would be grandfathered
      in or an existing right of way at that spot, again......I need more
      time to research this. The fire near us has been very stressing for
      the past 3 days. It started on Steven's Trail straight across from
      our house.....across I-80. Placer Co records should show some right
      of way in the deeds, but I don't have time before the meeting tonight
      to research it. Time is definitely NOT on my side right now......but
      my voice in this issue WILL BE!

      Any HELP will be appreciated........even an additional voice at the
      meeting.
      Sincerely
      Pat

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 10, 2004
        I am surprised that Pat has made no mention of the NCNGRR Museum in
        Nevada City (http://www.ncngrrmuseum.org/index.htm). While I support
        her objectives, I think the NG is well covered from that end of the
        line. A museum at Colfax, however, is a great idea, given the history
        of the CP, SP and now UP to the town. The NCNG operations at Colfax and
        Oilville would certainly have a place there as well.

        Doug Stuard

        Reston, VA

        --- Harry Marnell <marnell@...> wrote:

        > http://www.psrhs.org/

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet?
        Check them out!

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129el7628/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
        D=groups/S=1705016061:HM/EXP=1092244027/A=2164330/R=0/SIG=11eamf8g4/*htt
        p:/www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183350> click here

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
        s/S=:HM/A=2164330/rand=226516604>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Pat Rylance
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 11, 2004
          Hi Doug,
          Last night I mentioned the NCNG RR museum project committee and that I
          had contacted some of the members, that they thought it was a good
          idea to have the NCNG RR represented on the Colfax side and to keep
          them informed. I also addressed the fact that I was all for the
          Colfax RR museum, but not at the expense of closing our crossing.
          Also, that I would help in whatever I could regarding anything to do
          with the NCNG at our end......be it a plac, visitor site or whatever.
          I also expressed concerns of other property owners regarding the fire
          danger we go through every year, bringing up the present fire in our
          area just across I-80 from my home.....that to bring large equip or
          fire trucks down Dinky or Foresthill would be all but impossible. The
          only way is to cross the tracks at Dinky from the Colfax side. They
          assured me there will be many more meeting and open discussion on the
          museum and crossing issue, and the public input would be required.
          Everything went well, and I hope to be very vocal at the meetings
          about making sure the NCNG is somewhat a part of the plan.
          I want to thank everyone for their valuable comments and concern
          regarding this matter and my immediate concern.
          I did not even know this group existed, even though I have 4
          yahoogroups of my own on other subjects. I am grateful to have found
          it and especially to be a part of it.
          Again.........THANK YOU EVERYONE!
          Pat