Re: Fw: Colfax RR display

  • Harry Marnell
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10 10:39 AM
      You're welcome, Pat

      I'm wondering about any local ordinances, state laws or court decisions
      that address existing private roads. Can a city simply "take" a
      long-established private road by ordinance, especially if it's for the
      use of a non-public entity? (Like the City of L.A. did with entire
      neighborhoods for Walter O'Malley in the 1950's). Blocking access by
      emergency vehicles, or egress by residents in the event of a fire, for
      instance could create a danger.

      Have you made contact with the PSRHS people directly about your
      concerns?

      Seems there should be a lawyer in the house who can address this. Any
      opinions/info, please cc: replies to NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com

      Harry

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 10 11:25 AM
        At the time I went to the 7/27 meeting, I was unaware of who was on
        what committee or what committee(s) were even involved. What concerns
        me is that that are NOT acknowledging the Narrow Gauge Rd at
        all....even after I addressed the council on my conerns. I left the
        meeting when they went to the next matter which was the
        museum/restoration issue. When viewing the tape of that meeting, it
        was as though I was never there and they were still discussing the
        closing of the crossing. Needless to say.....I am not happy about
        this at all and I will be to the meeting tonight. The Narrow Gauge RR
        Road is very much appart of what they are attempting to do and it is a
        MUST that they include the Narrow Gauge. I am not likely to be ignored!

        I am concerned about the way they have addressed this issue in the
        committees and just went to the council on 7/27 to make a resolution
        to finalize it w/o addressing these issue with public imput. There
        could be a violation of the Brown Act here to some extent, but I need
        time to do more research on the issue. Time is what I don't have
        right now.
        According to the photos in your files on this group I can see that
        crossing clear back to 1883. I would think it would be grandfathered
        in or an existing right of way at that spot, again......I need more
        time to research this. The fire near us has been very stressing for
        the past 3 days. It started on Steven's Trail straight across from
        our house.....across I-80. Placer Co records should show some right
        of way in the deeds, but I don't have time before the meeting tonight
        to research it. Time is definitely NOT on my side right now......but
        my voice in this issue WILL BE!

        Any HELP will be appreciated........even an additional voice at the
        meeting.
        Sincerely
        Pat

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 10 7:41 PM
          I am surprised that Pat has made no mention of the NCNGRR Museum in
          Nevada City (http://www.ncngrrmuseum.org/index.htm). While I support
          her objectives, I think the NG is well covered from that end of the
          line. A museum at Colfax, however, is a great idea, given the history
          of the CP, SP and now UP to the town. The NCNG operations at Colfax and
          Oilville would certainly have a place there as well.

          Doug Stuard

          Reston, VA

          --- Harry Marnell <marnell@...> wrote:

          > http://www.psrhs.org/

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet?
          Check them out!

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129el7628/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
          D=groups/S=1705016061:HM/EXP=1092244027/A=2164330/R=0/SIG=11eamf8g4/*htt
          p:/www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183350> click here

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
          s/S=:HM/A=2164330/rand=226516604>

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Pat Rylance
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 11 10:25 AM
            Hi Doug,
            Last night I mentioned the NCNG RR museum project committee and that I
            had contacted some of the members, that they thought it was a good
            idea to have the NCNG RR represented on the Colfax side and to keep
            them informed. I also addressed the fact that I was all for the
            Colfax RR museum, but not at the expense of closing our crossing.
            Also, that I would help in whatever I could regarding anything to do
            with the NCNG at our end......be it a plac, visitor site or whatever.
            I also expressed concerns of other property owners regarding the fire
            danger we go through every year, bringing up the present fire in our
            area just across I-80 from my home.....that to bring large equip or
            fire trucks down Dinky or Foresthill would be all but impossible. The
            only way is to cross the tracks at Dinky from the Colfax side. They
            assured me there will be many more meeting and open discussion on the
            museum and crossing issue, and the public input would be required.
            Everything went well, and I hope to be very vocal at the meetings
            about making sure the NCNG is somewhat a part of the plan.
            I want to thank everyone for their valuable comments and concern
            regarding this matter and my immediate concern.
            I did not even know this group existed, even though I have 4
            yahoogroups of my own on other subjects. I am grateful to have found
            it and especially to be a part of it.
            Again.........THANK YOU EVERYONE!
            Pat