Re: NCNG locomotives and plans

  • trainman5623
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 25, 2004
      Andrew,
      Do you know off hand who imported/produced the #8? I assume these
      were produced a long time ago, does anybody have any ideas where i
      might find one for sale? I mainly model in Sn3 but there seems to be
      a better selection of products suitable for the NCNG in On3 and I am
      considering building a small switching layout in On3 (and would like
      to use NCNG equipment on it). I think I will try to get the Grandt
      Line kit for the #10 to start off with.

      thanks,
      spencer noe

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 25, 2004
        Spencer,

        Don't quote me on it, but I think it was Westside that imported #8.
        I can't remember off the top of my head honestly, I am sure someone else
        here might know for sure.

        -Andrew-

        > Do you know off hand who imported/produced the #8? I assume these
        > were produced a long time ago, does anybody have any ideas where i
        > might find one for sale? I mainly model in Sn3 but there seems to be
        > a better selection of products suitable for the NCNG in On3 and I am
        > considering building a small switching layout in On3 (and would like
        > to use NCNG equipment on it). I think I will try to get the Grandt
        > Line kit for the #10 to start off with.
        >
        > thanks,
        > spencer noe
        >
        > --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Brandon" <abrandon@f...> wrote:
        > > Spencer,
        > >
        > > 5,8 and 9 have all been done in On3 brass. We have an example of
        > each of
        > > these at the NCNG Museum.

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > This email was pre-scanned by Spam Guardian
        > A Service Provided by http://www.foothill.net

      • Keith Wandry
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 25, 2004
          Sunset did #8.
          Iron Horse did # 5 and #9

          You can get timeframes on when they were available by looking at old
          issues of the Gazzette. The numbers imported were very small on the #5
          and the #9 (roughly somewhere between 25 to 50 units of each - someone
          else may know precise numbers). Caboose Hobbies did have a #9 not that
          long ago...

          keith

          Andrew Brandon wrote:

          >Spencer,
          >
          >Don't quote me on it, but I think it was Westside that imported #8.
          >I can't remember off the top of my head honestly, I am sure someone else
          >here might know for sure.
          >
          >-Andrew-

        • trainman5623
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 26, 2004
            --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, Keith Wandry <keith@l...> wrote:
            > Sunset did #8.
            > Iron Horse did # 5 and #9

            anybody know where i might be able to find one of these for sale(On3)?

            -spencer