Re: NCNG locomotives and plans

  • Jim Vail
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 25, 2004
      SpencerNoe@... wrote:

      >Hi,
      >Does anybody know if NCNG #5 and #8 were ever produced in On3 brass? Additionally, are there any plans availible for the NCNG boxcars and flatcars? I would like to scratchbuild a few of these in both On3 and Sn3.
      >
      >thanks,
      >Spencer Noe

      Herman Darr has done plans for most all of the NCNG freight equipment.
      Plans are available directly from him, or most likely Coronado Scale
      Models or Underground Railway Press.

      Jim Vail
    • trainman5623
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 25, 2004
        Andrew,
        Do you know off hand who imported/produced the #8? I assume these
        were produced a long time ago, does anybody have any ideas where i
        might find one for sale? I mainly model in Sn3 but there seems to be
        a better selection of products suitable for the NCNG in On3 and I am
        considering building a small switching layout in On3 (and would like
        to use NCNG equipment on it). I think I will try to get the Grandt
        Line kit for the #10 to start off with.

        thanks,
        spencer noe

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 25, 2004
          Spencer,

          Don't quote me on it, but I think it was Westside that imported #8.
          I can't remember off the top of my head honestly, I am sure someone else
          here might know for sure.

          -Andrew-

          > Do you know off hand who imported/produced the #8? I assume these
          > were produced a long time ago, does anybody have any ideas where i
          > might find one for sale? I mainly model in Sn3 but there seems to be
          > a better selection of products suitable for the NCNG in On3 and I am
          > considering building a small switching layout in On3 (and would like
          > to use NCNG equipment on it). I think I will try to get the Grandt
          > Line kit for the #10 to start off with.
          >
          > thanks,
          > spencer noe
          >
          > --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Brandon" <abrandon@f...> wrote:
          > > Spencer,
          > >
          > > 5,8 and 9 have all been done in On3 brass. We have an example of
          > each of
          > > these at the NCNG Museum.

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > This email was pre-scanned by Spam Guardian
          > A Service Provided by http://www.foothill.net

        • Keith Wandry
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 25, 2004
            Sunset did #8.
            Iron Horse did # 5 and #9

            You can get timeframes on when they were available by looking at old
            issues of the Gazzette. The numbers imported were very small on the #5
            and the #9 (roughly somewhere between 25 to 50 units of each - someone
            else may know precise numbers). Caboose Hobbies did have a #9 not that
            long ago...

            keith

            Andrew Brandon wrote:

            >Spencer,
            >
            >Don't quote me on it, but I think it was Westside that imported #8.
            >I can't remember off the top of my head honestly, I am sure someone else
            >here might know for sure.
            >
            >-Andrew-

          • trainman5623
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 26, 2004
              --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, Keith Wandry <keith@l...> wrote:
              > Sunset did #8.
              > Iron Horse did # 5 and #9

              anybody know where i might be able to find one of these for sale(On3)?

              -spencer