Re: Re: New Member

  • Harry Marnell
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 24, 2004
      Randy Torres wrote:
      > I paid $25.00 for my copy back in 1988 (Nevada County Narrow Gauge,
      > Howell-North). I wonder how much it's worth today. My friend had a
      > hard
      > back print of this book in the 70's. I wonder if he still has it.
      > Rand*****

      Tthe "addall.com" group of independent booksellers currently lists about
      86 used copies of Best's book available, ranging in price from $24.17 up
      to $85.00.

      See their two pages of listings at http://tinyurl.com/39p9e

      harry
    • Marie L Schwaegerl
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 24, 2004
        Randy Torres wrote:
        > I paid $25.00 for my copy back in 1988 (Nevada County Narrow Gauge,
        > Howell-North). I wonder how much it's worth today. My friend had a
        > hard
        > back print of this book in the 70's. I wonder if he still has it.
        > Rand

        Hi Group,

        I don't know how much the Best book is since I bought my copy in Nevada
        City for $80 back in 1995. I have a hard time finding mine. I know now
        that book has since been reprinted and is sold at the Railroad Museum
        gift shop for around $40. I looked through it and it's the same as the
        original book.

        Marie