Re: Re: New Member

  • Randy Torres
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 24, 2004
      I paid $25.00 for my copy back in 1988 (Nevada County Narrow Gauge,
      Howell-North). I wonder how much it's worth today. My friend had a hard
      back print of this book in the 70's. I wonder if he still has it.
      Rand*****

      --- Jim Vail <akacoot@...> wrote:

      > Doug Stuard wrote:
      >
      > >Harold Best's book (Nevada County Narrow Gauge, Howell-North), is
      > >perhaps the best single source of info on the "Never Come, Never Go"
      >
      > >(other than this group, of course), and is worth a few bucks if you
      > >can find it.
      > >
      > You'll never find it under that name! It's Gerald M. Best, "Nevada
      > County Narrow Gauge", Howell-North, 1965.

    • Harry Marnell
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 24, 2004
        Randy Torres wrote:
        > I paid $25.00 for my copy back in 1988 (Nevada County Narrow Gauge,
        > Howell-North). I wonder how much it's worth today. My friend had a
        > hard
        > back print of this book in the 70's. I wonder if he still has it.
        > Rand*****

        Tthe "addall.com" group of independent booksellers currently lists about
        86 used copies of Best's book available, ranging in price from $24.17 up
        to $85.00.

        See their two pages of listings at http://tinyurl.com/39p9e

        harry
      • Marie L Schwaegerl
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 24, 2004
          Randy Torres wrote:
          > I paid $25.00 for my copy back in 1988 (Nevada County Narrow Gauge,
          > Howell-North). I wonder how much it's worth today. My friend had a
          > hard
          > back print of this book in the 70's. I wonder if he still has it.
          > Rand

          Hi Group,

          I don't know how much the Best book is since I bought my copy in Nevada
          City for $80 back in 1995. I have a hard time finding mine. I know now
          that book has since been reprinted and is sold at the Railroad Museum
          gift shop for around $40. I looked through it and it's the same as the
          original book.

          Marie