Re: the Museum

  • gauge18rr
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 17, 2003
      --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, Dick Zellerbach <madjack@t...> wrote:
      > Hal Wilmunder died on or about Easter Sunday, April 20, 2003!

      Sorry,
      I just saw the April 23rd article, and never saw the follow-up on May
      1. I understand he was instrumental in preserving many area
      locomotives, and was interested in the revival of the SP engine in
      Roseville. A great loss, but also a great legacy.

      The articles:
      April 23rd, '03
      Steamboat operator is missing
      ** Harold E. Wilmunder, operator of the only steam-powered, stern-
      wheeled boat on the Sacramento River, has been missing since Sunday,
      according to West Sacramento police.

      May 1, '03
      Body in river is identified as missing steamboat owner
      ** A body pulled from the Sacramento River on Tuesday has been
      identified by the Yolo County Coroner's Office as that of steamboat
      owner Harold E. Wilmunder, 78, said Police Sgt. Ray Bombardier.