Re: the Museum

  • Harry Marnell
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 15, 2003
      By the way, did you see the "album" of photos of #5 being moved into the
      museum building, at
      http://www.ncngrrmuseum.org/progress3/index.htm

      That page is kind of tucked away and I missed it when I looked at the
      website yesterday. Great pics and the whole website -
      http://www.ncngrrmuseum.org/index.htm - is very nicely done. I'm over
      in Humboldt County now, and haven't been there since the museum opened
      either. "My bad" as they say.

      Harry

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 15, 2003
        Group,

        Hal Wilmunder did pass away several months ago in an accident on his steam
        boat.
        Being a volunteer at the museum, Hal's caboose is supposed to make its way
        up to the museum however I am not sure when. It will look good with our
        collection of Westside equipment.

        -Andrew Brandon

        > By the way, did you see the "album" of photos of #5 being moved into the
        > museum building, at
        > http://www.ncngrrmuseum.org/progress3/index.htm
        >
        > That page is kind of tucked away and I missed it when I looked at the
        > website yesterday. Great pics and the whole website -
        > http://www.ncngrrmuseum.org/index.htm - is very nicely done. I'm over
        > in Humboldt County now, and haven't been there since the museum opened
        > either. "My bad" as they say.
        >
        > Harry

      • Michael Lumert
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 15, 2003
          > > By the way, did you see the "album" of photos of #5 being moved into the
          > > museum building, at
          > > http://www.ncngrrmuseum.org/progress3/index.htm

          That page says "...Engine No.5 was moved into the maim building...". Let's hope that was a typo!

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
        • Dick Zellerbach
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 15, 2003
            Hal Wilmunder died on or about Easter Sunday, April 20, 2003!

            Andrew Brandon wrote:

            > Group,
            >
            > Hal Wilmunder did pass away several months ago in an accident on his steam
            > boat.
            > Being a volunteer at the museum, Hal's caboose is supposed to make its way
            > up to the museum however I am not sure when. It will look good with our
            > collection of Westside equipment.
            >
            > -Andrew Brandon

          • gauge18rr
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 17, 2003
              --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, Dick Zellerbach <madjack@t...> wrote:
              > Hal Wilmunder died on or about Easter Sunday, April 20, 2003!

              Sorry,
              I just saw the April 23rd article, and never saw the follow-up on May
              1. I understand he was instrumental in preserving many area
              locomotives, and was interested in the revival of the SP engine in
              Roseville. A great loss, but also a great legacy.

              The articles:
              April 23rd, '03
              Steamboat operator is missing
              ** Harold E. Wilmunder, operator of the only steam-powered, stern-
              wheeled boat on the Sacramento River, has been missing since Sunday,
              according to West Sacramento police.

              May 1, '03
              Body in river is identified as missing steamboat owner
              ** A body pulled from the Sacramento River on Tuesday has been
              identified by the Yolo County Coroner's Office as that of steamboat
              owner Harold E. Wilmunder, 78, said Police Sgt. Ray Bombardier.