Re: Bear river bridge drawings

  • Jim Vail
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 17, 2003

      Doug Stuard wrote:

      This works out to be 60” long and 13” high in N scale.  A little selective compression on the approaches can fit it onto a standard 4-foot module.

      Not that I want to be a wet blanket, but the last time I checked 60" equiled 5'.  How you going to fit this in a 4' (48") module by just selectively compressing the approaches?  Serious though, it would make an inspiring model in an 8' module.

      Jim Vail
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 17, 2003
        Jim,

        Two cantilever towers (160' each) + two approach towers (40' each) + two
        40' approach sections + 30' center section = 510' x 1/160 = 3' 2
        1/4". This Leaves just enough for connection tracks at each end. I
        would love to do the full thing, but that would force compromises
        elsewhere, or cause me to enlarge the garage (even in N!).

        I'll keep the group posted.

        Doug