Re: Bear river bridge drawings

  • Doug MacLeod
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 16, 2003
      Doug:
          Please post photos when the bridge is completed.
      Doug MacLeod, Roseville, CA
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 17, 2003

        Doug Stuard wrote:

        This works out to be 60” long and 13” high in N scale.  A little selective compression on the approaches can fit it onto a standard 4-foot module.

        Not that I want to be a wet blanket, but the last time I checked 60" equiled 5'.  How you going to fit this in a 4' (48") module by just selectively compressing the approaches?  Serious though, it would make an inspiring model in an 8' module.

        Jim Vail
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 17, 2003
          Jim,

          Two cantilever towers (160' each) + two approach towers (40' each) + two
          40' approach sections + 30' center section = 510' x 1/160 = 3' 2
          1/4". This Leaves just enough for connection tracks at each end. I
          would love to do the full thing, but that would force compromises
          elsewhere, or cause me to enlarge the garage (even in N!).

          I'll keep the group posted.

          Doug