Bear river bridge drawings

  • Doug MacLeod
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 15, 2003
      Doug:
      I've posted drawings from the Engineering News March 11,1909, of the
      steel Bear river bridge in the files section.

      Doug MacLeod, Roseville, CA

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 16, 2003

        Doug,

        PERFECT!

        This works out to be 60” long and 13” high in N scale.  A little selective compression on the approaches can fit it onto a standard 4-foot module.

        Guess I gotta build the thing now……

        Thanks!

        Doug

            I've posted drawings from the Engineering News March 11,1909, of the
        steel Bear river bridge in the files section.

        Doug MacLeod, Roseville, CA

        > I am a member of Northern Virginia N-trak, and as a long time SP fan,
        > I am building a set of N-trak modules depicting Colfax, including the
        > NCNG interchange.  We have a very active Nn3 "sub-culture", and I am
        > thinking of putting some effort into some NCNG One-trak modules
        > (gotta keep those East Broad Top guys at bay!).
        >
        > Is anyone aware of any NCNG modular work, particularly in Nn3?  Also,
        > does anyone have drawings or sketches of the Bear River Bridge (The
        > steel one).  Maybe an on-line source?
        >
        > Doug Stuard
        > Reston, VA
        >

        > Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet?  Check

        Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet?  Check them out!

      • Doug MacLeod
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 16, 2003
          Doug:
              Please post photos when the bridge is completed.
          Doug MacLeod, Roseville, CA

              I've posted drawings from the Engineering News March 11,1909, of the
          steel Bear river bridge in the files section.

          Doug MacLeod, Roseville, CA

          > I am a member of Northern Virginia N-trak, and as a long time SP fan,
          > I am building a set of N-trak modules depicting Colfax, including the
          > NCNG interchange.  We have a very active Nn3 "sub-culture", and I am
          > thinking of putting some effort into some NCNG One-trak modules
          > (gotta keep those East Broad Top guys at bay!).
          >
          > Is anyone aware of any NCNG modular work, particularly in Nn3?  Also,
          > does anyone have drawings or sketches of the Bear River Bridge (The
          > steel one).  Maybe an on-line source?
          >
          > Doug Stuard
          > Reston, VA
          >

          > Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet?  Check

          Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet?  Check them out!

          Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet?  Check them out!

        • Jim Vail
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 17, 2003

            Doug Stuard wrote:

            This works out to be 60” long and 13” high in N scale.  A little selective compression on the approaches can fit it onto a standard 4-foot module.

            Not that I want to be a wet blanket, but the last time I checked 60" equiled 5'.  How you going to fit this in a 4' (48") module by just selectively compressing the approaches?  Serious though, it would make an inspiring model in an 8' module.

            Jim Vail
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 17, 2003
              Jim,

              Two cantilever towers (160' each) + two approach towers (40' each) + two
              40' approach sections + 30' center section = 510' x 1/160 = 3' 2
              1/4". This Leaves just enough for connection tracks at each end. I
              would love to do the full thing, but that would force compromises
              elsewhere, or cause me to enlarge the garage (even in N!).

              I'll keep the group posted.

              Doug