Re: Tale of Two Cities and a Train

  • EANDPNG@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15 8:21 PM
      Mike,

      I have the book and would be happy to xerox any part of it for you. Having said that the late Mrs. Brown's book contains very little technical data and was almost entirely taken from the local papers. If you located a photo of the car it should be easy to identify the origins of the flat car your tank was mounted on. I looked through my collection and the best I could find was a photo of 183 in a train consist. I think this car was mounted on an AC&F built ex-F&CC coal car. A drawing of this car is in the John Maxwell collection and available from his son Bruce (www.colong.com). The Colorado RR Museum might even have something better.

      Regards,
      Greg Maxwell