Wm Graver Tank - WP&YR

  • mike
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2003
      I have located one of the old WP&YR tank car tanks in the Territorial
      government compound. This may be one of the ex NCNG tanks.

      This 6500 gallon tank is 27ft long and 6ft 5in diameter
      It has a couple of unusual features: The dome is very short, and it has
      a screw in cap plug rather than a hinged hatch.

      According to the stenciled label on one end it was last used for "Stove
      Oil"

      The tank was made by Wm GRAVER TANK WORKS CHICAGO, as indicated by this
      information cast into the top of the dome.

      I've taken a few images and Boerries has put them online at

      http://www.whitepassfan.net/whitepass/home/html/print.php?sid=48

      Anyone recognize this tank?

      Mike