Re: NCNG Tank cars > WP&YR

  • mike
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2003
      EANDPNG@... wrote:

      > The tanks on the cars that you are interested are different from the
      > one on the car at Nevada City although they probably all came from the
      > Pacific Coast Ry. It is almost certain that these tanks came
      > originally from small standard gauge tank cars and it may be that no
      > two were identical.
      > Greg Maxwell

      I found one of the old WP&YR tank car tanks today in the Territorial
      government compound.
      This 6500 gallon tank is 27ft long and 6ft 5in diameter
      It has a couple of unusual features: The dome is very short, and it has
      a screw in cap plug rather than a hinged hatch.

      The tank was made by Wm GRAVER TANK WORKS CHICAGO, as indicated by this
      information cast into the top of the dome. This may be one of the ex
      NCNG tanks.

      I took a few pictures, if anyone is interested let me know off-list.

      Mike