Re: NG caboose at Dutch Flat?

  • Harry Marnell
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 29, 2002
      Thank you very much, John, I'll pass the info on. Your new website is really
      terrific.

      I'll be up in GV this Friday for an appointment, will drive by and check out the
      progress on the museum... weather permitting.

      harry (in wet WET Humboldt!)
      http://www.snowcrest.net/marnells/alton.htm <~~ Alton & Pacific Steam RR,
      Humboldt County

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 29, 2002
        Thanks Harry - There should be someone there on Friday. Thursday and
        Saturday for sure. We have a boy scout troop helping clean up on #5. The
        senior scout is doing this as his Eagle Scout project and has to help direct
        the other scout on the project. They helped Ken Yeo take off the side rods
        on one side and then went to work on their own on the other side. Sanded and
        buffed the rods and cross heads on tuesday. Ken and the guys have taken
        everything off the engine to do some deep cleaning and lubrication and then
        she will go back together again with a new boiler jacket. Take Care.
        John C

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/