Fw: New PBS program about American history seeks Cal Rail stories

  • Harry Marnell
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2002
      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: "ross_tut" <rosst@...>
      To: <Calrailfans@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 09:38
      Subject: [Calrailfans] New PBS program about American history seeks Cal Rail
      stories

      Can anyone direct me? I am doing research for a new national Public
      Television program about American history and am interested in some
      of the history of California trains that can be told through existing
      artifacts, Cabooses or old stations that aren't in or part of a
      museum but owned by private people who have an interest in their
      preservation but also a curiosity about their origin or connection to
      important train, and therefore American, history.

      Ideally, the exploration of such an item would lead us into a story
      about the history of trains in general with possible tie-ins such as
      the Transcontinental, immigrant work on railroads, industrial history
      such as fisheries, famous books, or famous characters throughout
      history.

      Any thoughts?

      ross_tut