Re: Fred Hawk Speeder

  • kejwa
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2002
      Hi John,

      You need to load the image into our photos or files section. If you
      send it as an attachment, it gets stripped off by Yahoo. If it's
      easier, you can send me the image directly and I will go ahead and
      load it into the photos section for the group... Anxiouis to see it!

      Thanks,
      keith

      --- In NCNGRR@y..., "John Christensen" <NCNGRR@O...> wrote:
      > Hi Guys,
      > Just sending along a picture of the Fred Hawk speeder or what is
      left of it. Fred Hawk was an employee of the NCNGRR and later worked
      for the telegraph company servicing the lines that ran along the NCNG
      route. He used this little speeder that was powered by a Indian
      motorcycle motor. We do not have a photo of this speeder as it
      operated on the NCNG so if anyone has any pictures of a speeders from
      Nevada County please let me know.
      > The Motorcar Operators West group is looking at restoring another
      speeder that is definitely NCNG and still has a the faded NCNG
      stenciled on the side of the seat. Glen Ford is working on this
      project for us and would like to have this Fairmont Speeder ready for
      the grand opening next May 17th. It appears that this speeder had a
      motorcyle engine also since it has a chain drive rather than a belt
      drive.