Re: Chicago Park and other Question...

  • kejwa
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 12, 2002
      Thanks to all on the Chicago Park information... I had seen the RMC
      article, but it doesn't match up with the photos in the books. I will
      get specific information on the photos and what pages they are on and
      then post the information, so we all know what I'm talking about. I
      could be wrong, but I've spoken about it with a few friends who are
      very into the NCNG, and they are mystified, too...

      As for the museum, thanks for the update, John. We were planning on
      coming up in July, but will change our plans to September 22nd.
      Probably should let Bob Brown at the Gazzette know, as he just
      published the July date in the latest Gazzette...

      Also, I can probably make it up for a weekend of work between now and
      September. Are there any preferred work dates scheduled that might be
      more productive to come up and help out on?

      Thanks!
      keith

      --- In NCNGRR@y..., "John Christensen" <NCNGRR@O...> wrote:
      > Hi Keith,
      > I can't answer your questions in regards to the photographs right
      now but I
      > can tell you that the opening of the Nevada County Narrow Gauge
      Railroad &
      > Transportation Museum will be on September 21st for the dedication
      ceremony
      > and the opening to the public on the 22nd. It was pushed back due to
      the
      > amount of work that needed to be done particularly track work. So
      far the
      > house track is connected to the shop building along with the
      construction of
      > two switches. We are starting to head down hill to put in another
      switch
      > that will send us back up the grade to the museum building so we can
      later
      > relocate Engine No 5 inside. Thanks for your interest.
      >
      > John Christensen
    • John Christensen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 23, 2002
        Hi Keith,
        Glad you will be able to make the opening. In regards to work party dates,
        the best time to come is on tuesdays or fridays between 09:30 and 1600. We
        have not resumed weekend work parties yet except when we are moving
        equipment from one site to another. Feel free to contact me anytime by
        e-mail or phone at 530-265-3668.

        Thanks, John