Re: Chicago Park and other Question...

  • EANDPNG@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2002
      Keith,
      Herman Darr did a nice article in the March 1991 Model Railroad Craftsman on
      Chicago Park. In the article he shows the various configurations over the
      years. What you are looking at in the picture in Best's book is the platform.
      Some time after 1938 a side track was put in and the platform cut back.
      Best regards,
      Greg Maxwell

    • kejwa
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 12, 2002
        Thanks to all on the Chicago Park information... I had seen the RMC
        article, but it doesn't match up with the photos in the books. I will
        get specific information on the photos and what pages they are on and
        then post the information, so we all know what I'm talking about. I
        could be wrong, but I've spoken about it with a few friends who are
        very into the NCNG, and they are mystified, too...

        As for the museum, thanks for the update, John. We were planning on
        coming up in July, but will change our plans to September 22nd.
        Probably should let Bob Brown at the Gazzette know, as he just
        published the July date in the latest Gazzette...

        Also, I can probably make it up for a weekend of work between now and
        September. Are there any preferred work dates scheduled that might be
        more productive to come up and help out on?

        Thanks!
        keith

        --- In NCNGRR@y..., "John Christensen" <NCNGRR@O...> wrote:
        > Hi Keith,
        > I can't answer your questions in regards to the photographs right
        now but I
        > can tell you that the opening of the Nevada County Narrow Gauge
        Railroad &
        > Transportation Museum will be on September 21st for the dedication
        ceremony
        > and the opening to the public on the 22nd. It was pushed back due to
        the
        > amount of work that needed to be done particularly track work. So
        far the
        > house track is connected to the shop building along with the
        construction of
        > two switches. We are starting to head down hill to put in another
        switch
        > that will send us back up the grade to the museum building so we can
        later
        > relocate Engine No 5 inside. Thanks for your interest.
        >
        > John Christensen
      • John Christensen
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 23, 2002
          Hi Keith,
          Glad you will be able to make the opening. In regards to work party dates,
          the best time to come is on tuesdays or fridays between 09:30 and 1600. We
          have not resumed weekend work parties yet except when we are moving
          equipment from one site to another. Feel free to contact me anytime by
          e-mail or phone at 530-265-3668.

          Thanks, John