Re: Chicago Park and other Question...

  • farwestinc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2002
      John,

      Any chance of trolley wire being strung up in the museum?

      Paul Ward

    • EANDPNG@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2002
        Keith,
        Herman Darr did a nice article in the March 1991 Model Railroad Craftsman on
        Chicago Park. In the article he shows the various configurations over the
        years. What you are looking at in the picture in Best's book is the platform.
        Some time after 1938 a side track was put in and the platform cut back.
        Best regards,
        Greg Maxwell

      • kejwa
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 12, 2002
          Thanks to all on the Chicago Park information... I had seen the RMC
          article, but it doesn't match up with the photos in the books. I will
          get specific information on the photos and what pages they are on and
          then post the information, so we all know what I'm talking about. I
          could be wrong, but I've spoken about it with a few friends who are
          very into the NCNG, and they are mystified, too...

          As for the museum, thanks for the update, John. We were planning on
          coming up in July, but will change our plans to September 22nd.
          Probably should let Bob Brown at the Gazzette know, as he just
          published the July date in the latest Gazzette...

          Also, I can probably make it up for a weekend of work between now and
          September. Are there any preferred work dates scheduled that might be
          more productive to come up and help out on?

          Thanks!
          keith

          --- In NCNGRR@y..., "John Christensen" <NCNGRR@O...> wrote:
          > Hi Keith,
          > I can't answer your questions in regards to the photographs right
          now but I
          > can tell you that the opening of the Nevada County Narrow Gauge
          Railroad &
          > Transportation Museum will be on September 21st for the dedication
          ceremony
          > and the opening to the public on the 22nd. It was pushed back due to
          the
          > amount of work that needed to be done particularly track work. So
          far the
          > house track is connected to the shop building along with the
          construction of
          > two switches. We are starting to head down hill to put in another
          switch
          > that will send us back up the grade to the museum building so we can
          later
          > relocate Engine No 5 inside. Thanks for your interest.
          >
          > John Christensen
        • John Christensen
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 23, 2002
            Hi Keith,
            Glad you will be able to make the opening. In regards to work party dates,
            the best time to come is on tuesdays or fridays between 09:30 and 1600. We
            have not resumed weekend work parties yet except when we are moving
            equipment from one site to another. Feel free to contact me anytime by
            e-mail or phone at 530-265-3668.

            Thanks, John