We've been YAHOOED.

  • Harry Marnell
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2002
      Sometime recently our beloved Yahoogroups - in what may well be yet
      another attempt to drum up cash - has apparently reset EVERYONE's email,
      mail and telephone marketing preferences to "Yes" for everything.
      Unless that's what you want - a flow of spam by mail, email and phone,
      here's how to fix it:

      - click on Account Info (upper right)
      - log in with your Yahoo account/password
      - in mid-page, click on "Edit your marketing preferences"

      Check out all the stuff they've made as "YES" options, including email,
      and, way down at the bottom US Mail and Via Phone.

      I changed all my stoff to NO, and used the "edit" to delete my telephone
      number. Be sure to click on the SAVE CHANGES box at bottom to save
      these settings.

      Of course, if you WANT to get their advertisers' stuff you can say "Yes"
      as you please.

      Harry
      List Moderator