New file uploaded to NCNGRR

  • NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 23, 2001
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the NCNGRR
      group.

      File : /MAPS/ncngdepot-1898.gif
      Uploaded by : marnells@...
      Description : ".gif" map of the Grass Valley depot area, from 1898 Sanborn Insurance map

      You can access this file at the URL

      Regards,

      marnells@...
    • NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 23, 2001
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the NCNGRR
        group.

        File : /MAPS/ncngdepot-1898-pdf.pdf
        Uploaded by : marnells@...
        Description : 1898 Sanborn map of GV Depot area... Adobe Acrobat, so it's zoom-able. Nice.

        You can access this file at the URL

        Regards,

        marnells@...
      • Allen Tacy
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 24, 2001
          Harry - Great map. I have found that Sanborn sometimes got the exact
          trackage layouts mixed up a bit so someone might want to verify that.
          For the NWP Historical Society I have traced the Sanborns in
          Illustrator and added accurate trackage layouts based on NWP maps.
          These have been very popular for us. Terrific research tool,
          especially for modelers.

          Allen
          ----------------

          --
        • Harry
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 8, 2001
            Yes.. in fact a lot of the Sanborns don't even show rails at all...
            you must impute (?) or infer their locations. Good source of info
            for industries along the old R/Ws though, of course.

            harry

          • NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 4, 2002
              Hello,

              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the NCNGRR
              group.

              File : /ncng-links.htm
              Uploaded by : n6uru <marnells@...>
              Description : More Links to the NCNG - also available, and may load faster, at http://www.snowcrest.net/marnells/ngng-links.htm

              n6uru <marnells@...>
            • NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 4, 2005
                Hello,

                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the NCNGRR
                group.

                File : /Herman Darr drawing list003.bmp
                Uploaded by : carterbros1880 <dmacleod@...>
                Description : Herman Darr's list of NCNG drawing available

                carterbros1880 <dmacleod@...>
              • NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com
                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 4, 2005
                  Hello,

                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the NCNGRR
                  group.

                  File : /Herman Darr drawing list005.jpg
                  Uploaded by : carterbros1880 <dmacleod@...>
                  Description : Hermann Darr's NCNG drawing list

                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 6, 2005
                    Hello,

                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the NCNGRR
                    group.

                    File : /Herman Darr NCNG drawing list.jpg
                    Uploaded by : carterbros1880 <dmacleod@...>
                    Description : Herman Darr's NCNG Drawing List

                    Message 9 of 20 , Sep 17, 2007
                      Hello,

                      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the NCNGRR
                      group.

                      File : /NCNGRR_1877-78_reports.pdf
                      Uploaded by : n6uru <RedCars@...>
                      Description : 1877 & 1878 Reports from NCNGRR to California State Railroad Commissioner. Mostly financial info, but with passenger miles, equipment info, etc

                      n6uru <RedCars@...>
                    • NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com
                      Message 10 of 20 , Sep 5, 2009
                        Hello,

                        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the NCNGRR
                        group.

                        File : /1874 NCNGRR RIGHT-OF-WAY GRANT.pdf
                        Uploaded by : n6uru <RedCars@...>
                        Description : 1874: AN ACT granting to the Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Com- June 20,1874. pany a right of way through the public lands for a railroad