Re: Museum Status?

  • John Christensen
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20 8:52 PM
      Hi Keith,
      Thanks for you interest in the Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad &
      Transportation Museum.
      The museum is currently under construction. The slab for the 4000 sq foot
      museum building is being poured tomorrow. Dirt is still being brought over
      to the shop building site until it is level with the other building. The
      shop building will be a 30 x 72 sq ft Butler building with two service
      tracks running inside. Completion is expected by December 10th and there
      will be a opening celebration sponsored by the City of Nevada City shortly
      thereafter.
      Once completed the Transportation Museum will take over the buildings and
      will work over the next five months to get our exhibits in order and ready
      for display. Our grand opening is planned for the weekend of May 18-19 and
      we will have some kind of special event on May 20th which is the anniversary
      of the opening of the NCNGRR.
      Next year we will be putting in around 1700 ft of track which includes 9
      switches in the yard. The Northern Queen is currently laying 900 ft. of
      track from their mainline up to the museum site. They will probably have
      their track work completed by next May is my guess. Once they get on a
      project they go for it!
      I hope this answers some of your questions. I will be fixing my web site
      soon so I can update it. I will be putting out the latest information in my
      next news letter to the Historical Society and that letter will go out on
      www.oro.net/~ncngrr around September 15th.
      Best Regards,
      John Christensen
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 21 7:18 AM
        John - Really good news there, John. Best of luck, the Never Come
        Never Go is a terrific prototype on which to bas your museum.

        Allen

      • keith wandry
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 22 3:37 PM
          This is great news, John! Thank you for all of the information! As I said before, for
          those of you who have never been up there to see what they've done, get on up there!
          It's well worth the time!

          keith